In the police log today.

This. Plus, the guy is not necessarily out of the woods yet. This could still come back and bite him.

Indeed, when something like this makes the media, the chances for an "after the fact" indictment go up astronomically!

Officer discretion is usually just that and only the lucky perp and the officer know what happened and how it was handled. Once it hits the 6PM Snews, all bets are off.

Indeed, when something like this makes the media, the chances for an "after the fact" indictment go up astronomically!

Officer discretion is usually just that and only the lucky perp and the officer know what happened and how it was handled. Once it hits the 6PM Snews, all bets are off.

^ You are correct, Now that it hit the media, this guy is likely still screwed - especially in Northampton!

^ You are correct, Now that it hit the media, this guy is likely still screwed - especially in Northampton!

Northampton is full of hippies and similar types, but the general atmosphere of police departments in this half of the state is pro-gun. Northampton, Amherst, Pelham and Belchertown just to name a few are all green towns.

+1

I've been let go a couple times where you guys would be saying the same thing. The officer made the right call in my cases. [wink]

[shocked][shocked] my "cases?" Derek should play the lottery

I recently read in my towns police log about a 75 year old man that called to report his pistol stolen. When the cops showed up to file a report, his daughter happened to show up and told them that she found the gun on the nightstand while cleaning the house, and locked it up.
The gentleman was informed about safe storage laws in Mass and told to have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom