In a home...not MY home

I have an LTC A, restricted to sport and hunting. I understand that I am within the confines of the law when defending my life in my own home. However, I also have an LTC in NH. I visit friends ofter in NH. I sleep at their home. If I am in reasonable fear of my life while in MY FRIENDS permanent dwelling...do the rules still apply? What about my vacation home in MA? What about a hotel room checked out to me?

These are all DWELLINGS, but they are not my PERMANENT dwellings. Do I still have the same rights?

Thanks in advance.

IANAL

In my mind all the restriction to your LTC means is the issuing Chief can pull it if you are caught carrying concealed outside of the realm of Target and Hunting.

It is still legal license to own and use a handgun in this state. It shouldn't prevent you from having a gun with you whereever you happen to be sleeping.

My only concern was that the law is strict about defining a dwelling. Does that mean hotel? Friends place.

Thanks for the advice.

however, if you are sleeping, the law also states it must be locked up(in MA). in NH you're ok with it. I'm pretty sure the "home is where your rump rests" rule applies. In hotels, if you pay to rent the hotel room, it is your dwelling as long as you pay for it. A friends place might be a bit more difficult, but again, its locked up while you're sleeping and you're technically in possession of it still(whether or not he has an LTC) so shouldn't be anissue.

Back
Top Bottom