In a bit of pickle with FID card

I can't find my FID card.I know its in the house somewhere,but lets just I doubt I'll find it this year.
What are the costs for this,how long does the whole process take,and do the police frown upon it? I just got the FID in september.

I realize this was a major blunder,and I am certainly not taking it lightly.I'm just trying to find the most logical way to fix it.

lol,TYpe I'm 18. I suppose it's a good thing as I'd probably go spend my life's savings on a model 27,ammo,and a hidey hole. Any idea how long it would take boston?

I'm not sure of the pin#,but I have the receipt? I'm not screwed yet right? I can't get this off my mind!

Last edited:
Do not let them charge you for a new one. Replacement cards are FREE and should take no longer than 1-2 weeks.

Give the PD a call and ask for the officer that handles FID's. You're paying their salaries and it is their job to do this sort of stuff. Don't be afraid of them....yet.

well i wasn't sure if they issue a pin# for FID, but i was told that i would need my pin if i were to need a replacement....

i could be wrong--

It is not a big deal. People lose their stuff all the time. Losing the fid card does not invalidate it, you are still legally allowed to possess rifles and ammo. You just need to replace it. I would replace it asap just to prevent any "misunderstandings"

Actually... if you don't have the card and get caught with firearms, they'll take them away until you can present it.

Back
Top Bottom