Important Info!!

Hey guys,
I thought I would post this info for anyone who uses the
"Secure It" Security Box, Manufactured by AACFI
I know the disclaimer on the box reads
"This is a security box. It is not a "safe" It can not defeat a determined attack with time, skill and proper tools"
We'll last night as I got to work I went to lock up gun at work for the night, open the box and noticed that the cable had pulled out of one of the aluminum crimps on the cable, so I feed it back through the hole and with a big pair of vise grips try to crimp it harder to close it tighter on the cable. when snap the crimp shattered into three piece's [angry2]
So now I am going to go to home depot and see if I can get a bigger cable and a better crimp/clamp for it. I might have to make a new hole in the box for the thicker cable.

Just something for you guys to keep it the back of your mind and to maybe upgrade your cable system

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 43
I was looking to get one of these over the summer. Thanks for the heads up. I will probably just change out the cable/crimps when I get it.

If you can find copper crimp links in that size, use them. The copper crimps are alot stronger IIRC. You could also use a "bolt on" as a backup(if you have enough slack/extra cable)

Thanks - I've got one of these, crimp hasn't pulled out, but I haven't actually checked since I first got it. Off to the truck.....

Back
Top Bottom