• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for info on PMI and Federal Ordnance mags

Live-a-Little

NES Member
I am a big fan of the mini 14. With just a few small cheap modifications it has become a great shooter. It's light, handles well, and now shoots under 1.5 moa and when I glass bed it should get even better. However, very few large capacity pre ban mags feed reliably without modification. The exception to this is PMI and federal ordnance mags. All over the web people say that any PMI and federal ordnance mini 14 mags are pre ban because the company went out of business before the 1994 ban took hold. Many shops also sell them as preban mags.

I have looked all over and only found people saying they are in fact pre bans, but does anyone have a link or other info showing that they are definitively pre bans and that precision mag industries went out off business before the ban?

That was a great read and very informative. Unfortunately not quite what I was looking for regarding the mini 14 mags. I did find out though that a buddy of mine has some rather expensive m14 mags he picked up for cheap.

I researched this in the past when I had a Mini 14 PMI are good to go as in conversation with the company they stoped making mags when the ban went into effect. Any PMI mag is definetly pre ban
Dave

Back
Top Bottom