Import ban extended to ♾️

War on Guns: Biden Commerce Dept. Will Make Small Arms Export Pause Permanent

The current "pause" does not prohibit export licenses to Ukraine, Israel or a country in group A1 (https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/d...lement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups-1/file), so the Indonesians and Thais are screwed. It is likely this will continue to be the criteria, so folks in the EU can still get guns from the US.

This morning, a briefing will be held by the Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) for “the Hill” regarding their interim rule regarding the “pause” on the issuance of new government licenses for firearms, related components and ammunition for “nongovernmental end users.”

The Outdoor Wire has learned the Commerce Department plans to make that “pause” on the issuance of new export licenses for firearms, related components and ammunition permanent.

That announcement, we’ve learned, could come as soon as tomorrow and “most definitely” by the first of next week.

If it was sound it wouldn't be run by the aforementioned scoundrels.
It was meant to be run by moral citizens and is not suitable for any others.
We are past the Rubicon on that. A few "tweaks" are in order going forward to prevent this from happening again.
Should we the people grow a pair and oust those parasites.

We are past the Rubicon on that. A few "tweaks" are in order going forward to prevent this from happening again.
The "form" of our government is still sound. If it wasn't, people who live under other forms of government wouldn't be flocking here and literally beating down our doors to get into this country.

Yes indeed it was meant to be, and must be run by moral and honest citizens....(freedom comes with responsibilities on the part of those who govern and those who are governed).....but just because it hasn't been run by moral and honest citizens at times, that doesn't mean the "form of government itself is flawed, it means that the moral and honest citizens need to educate themselves and choose better representatives AND demand that they represent them honestly and fairly and govern honestly and fairly.......and severely punish those who don't.

The founders put in many safeties to try and prevent the natural course of corrupt human behavior, ie: (checks and balances)
They couldn't and didn't cover them all, but they did a good enough job that they changed the course of thousands of years of history of governance of societies around the world.

Given a choice of any other form of government on the planet to live under, I'll stick with what we have right here in the U.S.A......even though there are many necessary corrections to be made. And anyone who doesn't like our for of government can always find somewhere else to hang their hat. Unlike some other countries where you cannot leave, we can get on a plane or a boat or a car and find somewhere that better suits us.

So in short, our "form" of government IS sound......the people running it just need to be changed and their replacements more thoroughly screened before being given any authority to govern.

Last edited:
I watched a video on the rebels in Myanmar, who appear to be fighting the good fight. LOTS of ARs (maybe rebuilt surplus M16s, there were some that appeared to be Vietnam war surplus) with Mlok handguards, magpul furniture and PMAGs. Hopefully this doesn't disrupt their supply lines.

The problem is that our government has evolved over time to something well beyond the basic structure that the founders envisioned. The massive bureaucratic state (deep state) is evil and unelected.

If you read the article in the OP it says
"If Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo presses forward with the change and Congress can’t reverse it, the costs to the gun industry could be as much as $238 million in annual revenues.

That’s a far cry from the $10 million dollar cost estimate Commerce reportedly has assigned to the change. That estimate, to be clear, would put it under the threshold requiring Congressional approval."

This is part of the insidious nature of the deep state that also resulted in the deep state working against Trump at every level because he dared to threaten their power.

The founders tried to limit the powers of the federal government, knowing that expansion of its powers was inevitable. Currently it is oppressing over 300 million Americans while letting invaders flood over the border. Our government can go f*** itself.

Last edited:
The "form" of our government is still sound. If it wasn't, people who live under other forms of government wouldn't be flocking here and literally beating down our doors to get into this country.

Yes indeed it was meant to be, and must be run by moral and honest citizens....(freedom comes with responsibilities on the part of those who govern and those who are governed).....but just because it hasn't been run by moral and honest citizens at times, that doesn't mean the "form of government itself is flawed, it means that the moral and honest citizens need to educate themselves and choose better representatives AND demand that they represent them honestly and fairly and govern honestly and fairly.......and severely punish those who don't.

The founders put in many safeties to try and prevent the natural course of corrupt human behavior, ie: (checks and balances)
They couldn't and didn't cover them all, but they did a good enough job that they changed the course of thousands of years of history of governance of societies around the world.

Given a choice of any other form of government on the planet to live under, I'll stick with what we have right here in the U.S.A......even though there are many necessary corrections to be made. And anyone who doesn't like our for of government can always find somewhere else to hang their hat. Unlike some other countries where you cannot leave, we can get on a plane or a boat or a car and find somewhere that better suits us.

So in short, our "form" of government IS sound......the people running it just need to be changed and their replacements more thoroughly screened before being given any authority to govern.
I agree with you, but one big thing you got wrong - we can't leave however we want. The US is one of only a few countries that have for all intents and purposes an exit visa requirement.

nongovernmental end users

What a line. I wonder if I got an organization recognized by the City of Taunton, we could import something. LOL. No budget, just part of the government. Tiddly-winks promotion department or whatever. (Does anyone still play fiddly-winks?? Can you even buy it. . . . hold on. . . . )

Sonofabitch, you can! I've got one in the SAVED section of my Amazon. My granddaughter is 4 months old. A bit early for the game.

I agree with you, but one big thing you got wrong - we can't leave however we want. The US is one of only a few countries that have for all intents and purposes an exit visa requirement.
No, I didn't get anything wrong, I'm fully aware of the "exit visa/tax" involved. My point was, in many other countries, you'd be met with the barrel of a gun trying to penetrate the border from either direction.....entry OR exit.
North Korea is a prime example of this, with fairly recent incidents of people being gunned down trying to flee.

No, I didn't get anything wrong, I'm fully aware of the "exit visa/tax" involved. My point was, in many other countries, you'd be met with the barrel of a gun trying to penetrate the border from either direction.....entry OR exit.
North Korea is a prime example of this, with fairly recent incidents of people being gunned down trying to flee.
We have that too. You need permission from CBP to fly out of the country. They'll stop you with force if you try otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom