• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you had to buy a lever action and a revolver...

Calibres

• Total voters
I would very much like a S&W 340 and a 686 as well as a lever gun to go along with them.

But I would also very much like a 44mag pistol/rifle.

AR-15./Glock 19.

Because I refuse to be relegated to 19th-century technology...

Marlin 1894C 16.5" because it's super reliable and will feed anything including wadcutters (not a new remain) Light as a feather and accurate to boot.
S&W 686 4" because it's a beast that will last forever and all of the above reasons.

Going this route it's fun when you go old school single actions. Holster on left are two Uberti Cattlemen in 45 Colt. One in 5.5" and the other in 4.75". The center lower is a Ruger Vaquero in 45 Colt w/ a 4.75" barrel that is a backup right now. Right side is pimp daddy style. A set of SASS Ruger Vaqueros in Stainless with pearl grips in 38/357. Both have 5.5" barrels. I've topped it off with a blued Uberti 1860 Henry in 45 Colt and a Rossi 92 in 38/357. Of course the whole thing isn't complete without a Cimmerron 12 GA Coach Gun and the cowboy hat is a must! ;-)

Yes, I'm working towards getting into CAS/SASS and meeting the leader of the Harvard Ghost Riders next month for an introduction. Should be fun. View attachment 223756

Maybe it's the camera angle but the Vaqueros hammers look standard. I thought the SASS models used the Montado-style hammer. By the way, this is pimping:

vaqueros_zps98bc41f0.JPG

Besides the S&W 500 (you also left out the popular 45/70 & 30-30 and yes there are a handguns in them), I have the ones you listed. I would have to asked what your intended use for it would be.

Holy crap. I just saw a Taurus 692 go for $1,200.00 on GB

Info: Taurus 692 Tracker .357 Mag / 9mm 3" SS 7-Shot NIB (3-caliber revolver).

These are like $600 to $700 revolvers new.

It must be the ability to shoot 3 different calibers that is making these so attractive.

.... and of course all lever rifles are going for insane money on GB. And its not just the newer nicer Marlin 357's, its also the Rossi 92's, older Winchester 94's, new + older Marlin 336 30-30's, etc. etc. = Prices have doubled (even on the older beat-up ones).

Winchester 92 in 44 mag, Ruger Blackhawk single action 44 mag

For when you might need to shoot someone through the front door.

Back
Top Bottom