Idiots walk into police station

I'm surprised I didnt just hear GUN!!! -BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG- etc .

I'm all for OC but if I came into a police station carrying a rifle (esp slung up front like that, ready to go) and looking slightly like a durka or similar I would expect to get lit up.

-Mike

Those cops have balls of steel to not just shoot a masked man with a rifle walking into a police station.

given the climate and the anti-attitude towards guns today this wasn't the smartest thing to do.

Having said that and because these two wannabe ninja warriors needed to play Halloween with real guns thinking they were going to prove a point I'm not sure I like the outcome.

Darwin missed a couple here.

Seriously, what the heck did they think they were going to prove?

Honestly, what are your best case scenario survival odds doing this? 90% chance somebody doesn't make a snap decision to take the situation at face value and drop them? I'd say realistically the odds are a whole lot worse than that. Best case scenario, you're playing Russian roulette with a 10 shot revolver. For what? A stupid video that's already being duped in forums and halfway to being completely forgotten just a day later? Were they really ready to die for it?

Last edited:
Wow.

Anyone know what charges they're facing? Not sure how you wake up and decide this is a good idea.

By all rights those morons should be dead. I certainly hope they don't see the light of day for a long time. A-holes.

I'm surprised I didnt just hear GUN!!! -BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG- etc .

I'm all for OC but if I came into a police station carrying a rifle (esp slung up front like that, ready to go) and looking slightly like a durka or similar I would expect to get lit up.

-Mike

Deaborn, Michigan has a large Arab population too. Probably not a wise choice to go in looking like terrorists.

But if they didn't have their hands on the rifles why would you expect them to get lit up? I might expect them to get drawn down on and proned out, and that does appear to be precisely what happened.

I guess I don't understand all these opinions that they should have been shot, but then again, as I see repeatedly here, people are far less supportive of the 2A than they try to claim.

Deaborn, Michigan has a large Arab population too. Probably not a wise choice to go in looking like terrorists.

But if they didn't have their hands on the rifles why would you expect them to get lit up? I might expect them to get drawn down on and proned out, and that does appear to be precisely what happened.

I guess I don't understand all these opinions that they should have been shot, but then again, as I see repeatedly here, people are far less supportive of the 2A than they try to claim.

What, exactly does a terrorist look like Bones? Dearborns large Arab population?

Stereotype much?

What, exactly does a terrorist look like Bones? Dearborns large Arab population?

Stereotype much?

Arabs or not it was dumb, and was unlikely to work out well for anyone involved. They could have gotten shot to death and i'm sure no cop wants to kill some dumbass playing a prank either.

Stereotype much?

Doesn't really matter what his stereotypes are - only that the stereotype he's referencing exists in the world, and someone are the other end of a gun might have it in mind when making a decision facing a man holding a long gun wearing a ski mask entering a police station. Clearly it didn't change the situation, but it might have.

So yeah, if I was going to do something stupid like strap on a few guns and walk into a police station with a mask on (which I wouldn't) I'd definitely consider it a higher risk in a neighborhood or city with a large Muslim population, due to both current events and common stereotypes.

What, exactly does a terrorist look like Bones?

Usually:

swat2-feature-hero.jpg

Dearborns large Arab population?

Yes. It's something called a fact. And the post I quoted saying "looking slightly like a durka" had nothing to do with my reason for mentioning it. Nope.

The city's population includes 40,000 Arab Americans. Arab Americans own many shops and businesses, offering services in both English and Arabic. Per the 2000 census, Arab Americans totaled 29,181 or 29.85% of Dearborn's population; many are from families who have been in the city since the early 20th century. The city has the largest proportion of Arab Americans in the United States. As of 2006 Dearborn has the largest Lebanese American population in the United States

Arabs or not it was dumb, and was unlikely to work out well for anyone involved. They could have gotten shot to death and i'm sure no cop wants to kill some dumbass playing a prank either.

Of course it was dumb lol, thats a given. My guess is that the Dearborn MI Police see more of their fair share of stupidity when it comes to fun with guns, which makes them far better prepared for a situation like that. Had the dumbasses not complied with the verbal commands, or had moved their hands towards trigger guards, things would have probably turned out a bit different; the shooting in the Detroit PD precinct wasnt that long ago, Im sure it weighs heavily on these guys.

You have to wonder just WTF the end game for these 2 was? Did it not occur to just pump the brakes a little bit? This incident will probably be used to introduce new legislation in regards to open carry or something to neuter the non retarded gun owners in MI.

- - - Updated - - -

Usually:

swat2-feature-hero.jpg

Yes. It's something called a fact. And the post I quoted saying "looking slightly like a durka" had nothing to do with my reason for mentioning it. Nope.

HA!!!!

Well played

Of course it was dumb lol, thats a given. My guess is that the Dearborn MI Police see more of their fair share of stupidity when it comes to fun with guns, which makes them far better prepared for a situation like that. Had the dumbasses not complied with the verbal commands, or had moved their hands towards trigger guards, things would have probably turned out a bit different; the shooting in the Detroit PD precinct wasnt that long ago, Im sure it weighs heavily on these guys.

You have to wonder just WTF the end game for these 2 was? Did it not occur to just pump the brakes a little bit? This incident will probably be used to introduce new legislation in regards to open carry or something to neuter the non retarded gun owners in MI.

Yeah there doesn't seem to be any upside here. I'm sure something dumb will be proposed based on this and there was nothing I can see that they would get out of it even if the cops somehow let it go and they walked out of there.

Both men were arrested and taken into custody. *Although the specific charges were not released, each man was under $1,500 bond. *Police Officers recovered*a loaded AP-14 firearm, a rifle magazine containing 47 rounds, a loaded Glock 19 handgun with four additional magazines containing 66 rounds, body armor and ballistic vests, a mask, gun belt, several pieces of camera equipment, an AR-15 rifle, and a AK-47 style rifle.

In a statement, Dearborn Police Chief Ronald Haddad said*“I find this behavior totally unacceptable and irresponsible.” *He also said “This is not a Second Amendment issue for me. We had members of the public in our lobby that fled in fear for their safety as these men entered our building.”

The president of Michigan Open Carry, Tom Lambert, made it plain that he and his organization supported the Dearborn Police Department and condemned the actions of the two suspects.

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/dearborn-pd-open-carry-complaint/#

But "it's all legal sir" [rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

What morons. Even IF that were true they got what they deserved. I'm so sick of these open carry idiots trying to test the limits of allegedly legal actions. 95% of them are just instigators looking to prove a point, not trying to peacefully open carry. They make us all look bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom