• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Identify this 1911 frame?

Hey Folks..

Curious if anyone has an idea on the maker of this 1911 frame.

The gentleman who brought it to us sort of half claimed it was a "pilots" war era 1911 as it has an aluminum frame. He's also a (long ago) retired FFL and we got from him a metric shit ton of other oddities.

I suspect it's a generic aftermarket aluminum frame that "back in 1975" he obtained and turned a genuine Colt 1911 into a lightweight "pilot gun". The rest of the parts appear to be genuine colt (minus barrel, which is a Wilson).

The ONLY markings on the frame are on the right hand side and are "NO. 1013" which I assume is a serial number. It's aluminum, not stainless, and looks like it was once lightly polished but doesn't have any indications of ever having a coating or metal treatment.

Here are a couple pictures for those curious.

20150824_142340[1].jpg 20150824_142331.jpg 20150824_142320.jpg

apologies on the blurry left side (left facing) photo.. but I promise there are NO markings there.

I can't see a lot of detail in the photos, but it looks like a Para Ordnance frame .

The 1911 slide is of early style...pre 1918 I think. It definitely doesn't go with that frame which is of 1911A1 configuration...and aluminum...

Last edited:
The large circular hole is similar to some Para frames, the front strap looks like early Detonics. Without a name it's really a guess. If it runs for you enjoy it. I do see that one of the grips bushings must have stripped the frame.

Back
Top Bottom