• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Identfy This Mag.

My buddy bought this preban mag for his ar-15 from a website, I wont name it. It looks similiar to an ar-15 mag. It does not fit and lock into his yhm lower. it does fit and lock my pwa lower but will not rack a round, it will also not fit into my spikes lower. Im curious to what you all think. Hopefully these pictures work.

photo1.jpg

photoJPG2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Are there markings on the floor plate? Or is it plain. If it's plain might be an out of tolerance Chinese knock off and probably not pre-ban. Is the mag spring painted black? Looks in to good of a condition to be pre-ban USGI.

I got one just like it in an AR pre-ban mag buy. It turned out to be a cheap Chicom knockoff. Mine fit a Bushmaster lower and cycled OK. I'm starting to see a lot of these knock-offs show up in the pre-ban pool. There is no date on them or any stampings of any kind that I can find.

I took some pictures of it before I canned it. I'll see if I can find them and post them.

Last edited:
This has no markings of anykind. I have not checked inside. I assume It has no markings as well. It was advertised as USGI.

Fintoid's probably right. Korea has been cranking those things out and they have found there way into the market.

it's illegal to import firearms accessories from China thanks to Gee Dubya Uno. Unless it's a red dot..... somehow those get in and don't get classified as "firearms."

This has no markings of anykind. I have not checked inside. I assume It has no markings as well. It was advertised as USGI.

Characteristic of South Korean. Are the spot/pressure welds small in diameter and deep? I bet they are.

Back
Top Bottom