Ideas for a Trap\Skeet gun

I went with the 30" 12ga. I'm looking to start shooting doubles, as that looks like a lot of fun. The shotti came with the Midas choke tubes improved modified in the over and improved cylinder in the under. Considering I've never even fired a shotgun before I'll try that configuration before messing with it. Any suggestions on the type of loads I should use? Are normal 12ga target loads fine for an amature?

Ask the trap guys at your club for what they require clad-wise. Like rep308 said, 7 1/2 - 8 is what is usually used, nothing bigger than that.

Now stop typing and get on out there and play! Go! Shoo! [laugh]

Some clubs require "non-toxic" loads, but they'll let you know. Most clubs limit you to 7 1/2 or smaller ( meaning 8 or 9 ) and "Real" Trap shooting requires 7 1/2 or smaller. If you go to the local gun shop and ask for trap loads you'll get it. Many clubs sell ammo, but havng ammo with you is a good idea in case there's none available.

One warning: In addition to the basic rules of safe gun handling, and the Rules of Trap, each club has its own etiquette. Make sure to tell the Trapezoids that you're new, so that you don't make any "errors".

Now you've got a gun, and lots good, Free advice.....go shoot! [smile]

There is a listing in the back of the Outdoor Message of where to shoot, or go to http://www.claytargetsonline.com/index.php for some places. It's not completely comprehensive, but there's a lot there.

Back
Top Bottom