I'd like to apologize

To those in MA for my apathy.

At 44 yrs old, I'm just now pursuing gun ownership (waiting for my LTC appointment in Dracut). While I was never anti-gun, I was never a supporter either, was basically indifferent. Now seeing what a travesty has occured here in MA to the second amendment fills me with shame about my apathy.

Needless to say, I was blind, but now I can see. Prior to posting this I: went green on NES, joined the NRA, joined GOAL and made a donation to Comm2A.

Better late than never I guess. Hope to meet some of you fine folks in the near future.

At 44 yrs old, I'm just now pursuing gun ownership (waiting for my LTC appointment in Dracut). While I was never anti-gun, I was never a supporter either, was basically indifferent. Now seeing what a travesty has occured here in MA to the second amendment fills me with shame about my apathy.

Needless to say, I was blind, but now I can see. Prior to posting this I: went green on NES, joined the NRA, joined GOAL and made a donation to Comm2A.

Better late than never I guess. Hope to meet some of you fine folks in the near future.

Welcome aboard. Curious, was it some singular event that got your attention or a gradual revelation? Cause you seem to have gone "all in" pretty quickly.

+1

I was the same way as you but at 46 years old. I applied for my Class A LTC, starting researching, found this forum, and have been reading a whole lot. I am amazed at how difficult it is here in Massachusetts for even us law abiding citizens to exercise our second amendment rights. I firmly believe that the founding fathers believed that a properly armed society was safe from not only the criminals in society, but the criminals in our government. Regardless of whether I receive my Class A or not I will now be a proponent of our 2A rights to anyone that will listen and will join the appropriate organizations to help support the efforts of society's right to bear arms.

Last edited:

Went the same route about a year ago. Now I'm the gun nut at work.

Send it!

I'm in charge of a machine shop in dracut. I'm 26 got mine ltc class a few months ago I live in Tewksbury. . The kid in my shop just turned 21 . He lives in dracut...giving him the run around telling him thell call him when they have a appointment date open been over a month... Also they told him he can't get a unrestricted class a cause he's only 21 . That he'd get it changed when he renews it .....

How they been dealing with you?

Posted from my iPhone10g
Remington 1911r1
Walther p38 made early 45
Remington sportsman58 12g
Early type 99.

Welcome aboard! You're not alone. I was in your shoes about a year ago as well - ignorant of the stupidity for the most part and apathetic about what I did know and guns interested me about as much as hammers. I got interested in shooting thanks to a hunter friend of mine, gave it a try, and now my only regret is that somehow my income doesn't seem to keep up with my ever-growing list of "must have" guns and ammo.

You're in good company here. Reps inbound for supporting the local advocacy organizations on your way in the door too.

We corrupted another innocent mind...JK [smile]

welcome.

Your next steps should be:

1- Buy the biggest gun safe you can afford and start saving for a second one. You will need it soon [grin]
2- When you are confortable shooting, take someone to the range. Maybe they will also see the light.

+ 1 for big safe and more then one. I bought a small hand gun safe the week before I got my 1911. The week after I got my 1911 I was gifted a shotgun ,a p38, and early type 99 .

Posted from my iPhone10g
Remington 1911r1
Walther p38 made early 45
Remington sportsman58 12g
Early type 99.

I was always a "gun nut" and now your more vested in it than me (kinda) gess i need to go green.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

welcome to the fracas of NES. I grew up doing some shooting here and there with my dad who is a major gun enthusiast. But now that he has early alzhiemers he cant shoot really. That bums me out more than anything in the world. I didnt live with him so it was here and there we would shoot. So now when I visit we always talk about guns and believe it or not his memory is still pretty good from a long time ago..Its the short term memory thats effected. But I dont want his gun collection going elsewhere and he has some guns that are sentimental to me.(my grandfathers Service revolver from the state police/Rockland police) My dads first 22 rifle. etc. Alright I have to change the direction of this post before I get choked up . Always loved guns but didnt get my LTC-A til a year and half ago after not shooting a gun for a looooong time. ....not sure why I waited because I am addicted to it now. Do I understand thr Mass Gun Laws...NO. Nor could I build my own gun or re-load my own bullets....But this is the best place to ask questions and try to get info. You will def need a thick skin at time on here tho and a sense of humor...The key above all is to have fun shooting and be safe. I havent been to a member meet up yet due to my job and travel. But im home alot if sept so we shall see

Similar story for me, but it took until I was 47 (about a year ago).

Just turned 42 and waiting on my first LTC. Cant really say there was one reason or another why I decided to apply. Just something I was wanting to do for a while. What did keep me from applying sooner was the attitude that it was almost impossible to get in MA. Started doing some research and realized it wasnt impossible, just a bunch of hoops to jump through. Definitely wish I started sooner, if only just to spread out the cost of my growing wish list. Lol. I also try to make an effort to be a bit of an ambassador, something we all should be doing IMO.

So welcome to the new guy from another new guy. Better late than never, as has been said.

Welcome to the club! Stop eating, you're gonna need the $$$. +1 on the bigger safe, I bought a little Sentry fire safe for my handgun, then took "the class", then needed a long gun safe. In my StackOn 8 gun cabinet I have 2 12 ga shotguns, 2 scoped .22's, 2 Hi-Point carbines, 2 Mosins (1 scoped), and an AK waiting for a friend... It's fun closing it... I have 4 handguns in the Sentry safe...

Yes, I'm saving for a 24 gun "real" safe... Probably full that pretty soon once I get it...

Since it sounds like you haven't joined a club yet, feel free to invite yourself any Thursday or Friday during the day to join me at Westford Sportsmen's Club. Ammo's on me:)

I am also just like you: 42 and just applied for my Class A in Lowell (wife just received hers this week) after realizing apathy was the real problem! Glad to see I'm not alone in waking up!

Congrats! Hopefully your ltc comes in soon. I just got my first yesterday, what will be your first, or 2-3 guns??

I'm 28 and just applied for my LTC a couple weeks ago. I've always had a thing for guns, esp milsurp and I really don't know why I waited so long to apply for the permit. The 'get off you ass and do something' moment was about a month ago I was watching the History Channel and they had a program about the invasion of Okinawa. I was watching a GI or Marine firing his Garand into a cave and thought "Dang I want one of those" and then the light bulb went off "there's no reason I can't get one of those". I went for training that weekend at MFS and applied on Aug 8. Along the way I found this site and now I'm paranoid about the election, liberals taking my guns, having a bug out bag, something called a hard block, deranged cows that are impervious to gun fire and all that fun stuff.

+1, Welcome...I love the quote in your signature.

Thanks all.

Scatter - More of a gradual revelation. Something I've been meaning to do for years, just never got around to it. Far as being in, I've never been one for half measures, in I'm in, I'm IN. And the more I read about the convoluted MA laws the more upset I became. Suppose I shouldn't have been that surprised given its MA after all

Kicker96FS- dang cant't make that one, taking a class a few nights a week, but I'll definitely keep my eyes open for other events.

Warwickben - 6-8 weeks t get an appointment was what I was told, filled out the appointment form on 08/08, so I've got a ways to go. Plan on checking in to make sure they didn't lose the damn thing

A safe - yes, I've heard that guns multiply like rabbits in a safe :). I scored big time there, friend of mine got divorced a while back and had a Liberty D-23 20 gun safe (even though he didn't have any guns) New place he moved was much smaller so he didn't have room, heard I was getting my license and just gave it to me, all I had to do was pay a mover $340 to move the safe in my basement!!! Sadly nothing in it yet till I get my LTC except for my firearms safety class certification and some household valuables

I think this will be my first purchase: a Sig 226, a Ruger SR 22 and a Ruger 10/22 rifle. Any thoughts here? Yes, lot of catching up to do. My son and daughter are looking forward to shooting as well. The wife? We'll see :)

Will be joining Centralville Sportsman in Dracut, sounds like a bunch of good peeps there and it's literally a five minute drive from my house. Going to the next board meeting on 09/04

Last edited:
It truly is eye opening. I wish more people in MA would get their LTC so they have a better understanding of the how utterly corrupt and loathsome the MA state government is.

Welcome aboard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom