• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ice-T calls out Amazon after he 'almost shot' one of the company's delivery drivers

Reptile

NES Member
Ice-T has a suggestion for Amazon.

On Tuesday, the rapper-actor took to Twitter to explain an incident that occurred at his home Monday night involving one of the e-commerce giant's delivery drivers.

The 61-year-old star said he "almost shot" an Amazon courier who was delivering a package at his place on Monday because the individual wasn't wearing a uniform.

Ice-T calls out Amazon after he 'almost shot' one of the company's delivery drivers

Ice-T needs to chill.

I didn’t read the article but I will say that Amazon’s use of random people as deliver drivers, had some real problems. I’m not sure about almost shooting them, but I can easily see some negative encounters.

I mean imagine you see some random stranger in your driveway with a package. Are they stealing or delivering it?

I don’t know if UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, etc, are any better, but there’s been home security footage popping up of these Amazon drivers taking their deliver confirmation photos and then just keeping the package.

It’s a fine idea but could probably use some refining.

I didn’t read the article but I will say that Amazon’s use of random people as deliver drivers, had some real problems. I’m not sure about almost shooting them, but I can easily see some negative encounters.

I mean imagine you see some random stranger in your driveway with a package. Are they stealing or delivering it?

I don’t know if UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, etc, are any better, but there’s been home security footage popping up of these Amazon drivers taking their deliver confirmation photos and then just keeping the package.

It’s a fine idea but could probably use some refining.

My first encounter was some African dude driving a uhaul bumping music.

He's not entirely wrong though, in various areas some amazon contractor guy will pull up to your house looking all ghetto lyfe bringing your package up to the door, you see some weird car in your driveway or some random dude sulking around, not a good look... those guys should at least have an ID lanyard on. I mean how much does it cost to give these guys a f***in polo shirt and an ID badge? At least the regular amazon guys that come into our building are identifiable.

-Mike

Had a nice late model g series infiniti pull in front of my house. Dude gets out wearing a lot of gold, flat brimmed hat and a sweatsuit. Starts fiddling with boxes in his back seat. Takes two and starts walking towards my door. I don't open it yet, just watch. His eyes dart direct towards my cameras, first on the right then on the main door. I took down the plate and asked a friend to do some research. Low and behold the amazon driver was charged with distribution of class A in late 2017. No clue on the disposition. Young entrepreneur leasing a shiny new ride delivering boxes? Cmaaaan. Trust no one.

Arizona-Ice-T.jpg

"Mantihose?!??!!?!"
-iced T.

I take this one at face value. Random people shouldn't be delivering stuff. Not without a bit better process.

Have them all wear yellow duck hats or something.

Edit: I'm going to one up myself. The company which does this first will live another 50 years.
Amazon, Uber or Lyft as first chances.

Require all their drivers to wear American flag or constitution shirts.

and how is he not a PP based upon his own admission of having committed multiple felonies.

There have been several stories of these delivery drivers, with no uniform, ID badge, or company marked car not just pulling into driveways, but entering houses with out knocking or ringing door bells.

Pretty sure I hear someone coming in my front door unannounced I am not going to care much if they have a box with a smile on it. You are unlikely to ever find my doors unlocked, but that just means I am less likely to be expecting uninvited company.

amazon prime delivers in my area via a company called abc express. they drive little white vans. no uniforms that i can tell. they constantly deliver my neighbors packages to me. they don't seem to have regular route drivers that can eventually learn from their mistakes, just luck of the draw for the day. i actually was outside one day when they tossed a package on my steps and i confronted the driver who insisted i didn't know my own address. i can see where ice-t is coming from, i wanted to rip his head off. sometimes i've seen small children riding in the van with the driver. i've also called the phone number i've seen on the side of the van but no one answers the phone when i've called.

amazon prime delivers in my area via a company called abc express. they drive little white vans. no uniforms that i can tell. they constantly deliver my neighbors packages to me. they don't seem to have regular route drivers that can eventually learn from their mistakes, just luck of the draw for the day. i actually was outside one day when they tossed a package on my steps and i confronted the driver who insisted i didn't know my own address. i can see where ice-t is coming from, i wanted to rip his head off. sometimes i've seen small children riding in the van with the driver. i've also called the phone number i've seen on the side of the van but no one answers the phone when i've called.

I see those white vans too, but I also see UHaul trucks and personal vehicles used. Metro Boston area. I can actually see a bit of a point in Ice-T's bravado, but more for the burbs where it is less common to have someone walking around your immediate property.

That being said, while uniforms wouldn't be bad, there are other concerns with independent contractors. How about they stop leaving boxes on the stoop of my building when I'm about 10' away from the door at the ground floor office with giant floor to ceiling windows? Can't be asked to knock or ring the door bell? I mean, you can probably see me from the door when I'm there. Packages last about 5 minutes when left there. I've started using locker pickups for anything more expensive than $40.

Il

Are they walking towards your door or away from it?

Anyway....

I hate the Amazon delivery guys. The UPS, USPS, FedEx guys, they all ring the bell. The Amazon guy throws the box and walks away. I dont know the package was delivered until I happen to look at my phone and Amazon says it was delivered.

I love how they take the pic. Specially since I live in the city. I wonder how they will react the day someone steals a box after the driver sent the pic.

Are they walking towards your door or away from it?

Anyway....

I hate the Amazon delivery guys. The UPS, USPS, FedEx guys, they all ring the bell. The Amazon guy throws the box and walks away. I dont know the package was delivered until I happen to look at my phone and Amazon says it was delivered.

I love how they take the pic. Specially since I live in the city. I wonder how they will react the day someone steals a box after the driver sent the pic.

Happens already that the Amazon delivery person delivers, takes a picture and then takes the package.

View: https://vimeo.com/334796982

I have mixed feelings about requiring uniforms, hats or ID badges for delivery drivers. In some ways, it is a good idea. And anything that makes the delivery companies and drivers apply even a small amount of discipline might be helpful.

But from a defensive perspective, a polo shirt or a lanyard should have very little affect on our situational assessments. If a persons behavior or appearance triggers your spidey sense, then a yellow baseball cap should not be the "it's OK" symbol.

Uniforms are actually a powerful trigger in modern societies, and I could give many examples where this has been exploited by criminals.

Sitting in the kid’s living room. A dirty white shit box van pulls into his driveway and a guy dressed like a thug denizen from any, (pick your name), big dump inner city gets out and starts rummaging around the back of the van. I said, Jeezus, WTF? The kid says, “Oh, that’s only the Amazon guy, he comes almost everyday.

I guess I should feel good about him working, but couldn’t Amazon have some kind of a dress code?

Back
Top Bottom