I REALLY thought I’d hate a Glock 45

None taken. I have several Glocks and I shoot them ok. For some reason this Gen 5 just fits my hand better and I shoot it better then the others I own.
Pretty sure Glock slightly changed the grip geometry when they came out with the gen4 and removable backstraps. I’ve got gen 2s and 5s and the 5 has a Less noticeable hump without the backstraps and I prefer it over the gen 2.

Rock, no disrespect, but how are the ergo of the G45 different from any other glock ever made (SF notwithstandin)

I have an SF, a Gen4, and a Gen5, and the 5, for me, is just an extension of my hand. Great feel and great balance. Not that the others don’t, but it is different than the other two, which are a different caliber.

.40 Cal Glocks were a mistake. Now it’s time we erased that mistake

Come and take it.

[rockon]

Oh, I thought this was going to be a thread about G21's etc., you know- something other than the ladies' and soy boys' caliber. Kidding aside, naming a 9mm '45' was an interesting call. Did Glock hire the Gillette marketing team? Probably appealing to the same demographic.

Of course this is from the company that launched a 22LR pistol and call it a '44'.

45367264.jpg

Any bets that Glock launches an Airsoft pistol designated model 50AE?

Come and take it.

[rockon]

Oh, I thought this was going to be a thread about G21's etc., you know- something other than the ladies' and soy boys' caliber. Kidding aside, naming a 9mm '45' was an interesting call. Did Glock hire the Gillette marketing team? Probably appealing to the same demographic.

Of course this is from the company that launched a 22LR pistol and call it a '44'.

45367264.jpg

Any bets that Glock launches an Airsoft pistol designated model 50AE?

I'm probably somewhere in the top 20 in glerk "accumulators" on this forum (that isnt a dealer selling them) and even I think some aspects of their numbering scheme are f***ing stupid.

It evades me why they wouldnt have avoided the numbers commonly confused with calibers, at a bare minimum. It makes it frustrating at retail to have to say "Yeah we have a Glock 45, in Nine Millimeter in stock" etc, etc, ad nauseam. And also Glock 40, Glock 22... like Gaston, you could have thrown us a f***ing bone here. [rofl]

It's bad enough I have a friend that says "I don't speak glock" when I'm trying to explain something to him. (He is an S&W fanboi and pretty much exclusively buys thier shit) Although smith finally did something equally f***ing stupid and maddening a few years ago. Like do you know how f***ing frustrating it is to explain to people that the gun that used to be called the M&P 9 Compact is NOW CALLED an M&P 9 Subcompact... and its the SAME f***ING GUN? [rofl] Worse yet, it makes magazine compatibility difficult at retail if you have a mixture of stock. They should have called their new mid size gun (the one that disrupted the product line ) something like M&P Midsize or M&P Carry (although I am guessing they avoided the latter not wanting to get sued by Sig or something that uses that nomenclature).

I'm probably somewhere in the top 20 in glerk "accumulators" on this forum (that isnt a dealer selling them) and even I think some aspects of their numbering scheme are f***ing stupid.

It evades me why they wouldnt have avoided the numbers commonly confused with calibers, at a bare minimum. It makes it frustrating at retail to have to say "Yeah we have a Glock 45, in Nine Millimeter in stock" etc, etc, ad nauseam. And also Glock 40, Glock 22... like Gaston, you could have thrown us a f***ing bone here. [rofl]

It's bad enough I have a friend that says "I don't speak glock" when I'm trying to explain something to him. (He is an S&W fanboi and pretty much exclusively buys thier shit) Although smith finally did something equally f***ing stupid and maddening a few years ago. Like do you know how f***ing frustrating it is to explain to people that the gun that used to be called the M&P 9 Compact is NOW CALLED an M&P 9 Subcompact... and its the SAME f***ING GUN? [rofl] Worse yet, it makes magazine compatibility difficult at retail if you have a mixture of stock. They should have called their new mid size gun (the one that disrupted the product line ) something like M&P Midsize or M&P Carry (although I am guessing they avoided the latter not wanting to get sued by Sig or something that uses that nomenclature).

Another theory of mine is that the Glock marketing team decided to join the stupid product names competition with the prescription drug company marketing teams. While a couple drug companies were high-fiving themselves for Acifex (ass effects) gastro meds and Vagifem (self explanatory), the Glock team said, "hold my beer..."

As much fun as I make of Glocks, they are a fantastic utilitarian gun and we have a half dozen or more between me and the Mrs.

The 45 is the same slide as a 19 but has a G17 sized grip.

You get a shorter slide than a 17 and a longer grip that holds 17+1.

It feels great in the hand because you have your whole hand on the grip.

The bigger grip makes the gun print more when CCW, though.

I regret getting a G19 gen 5 MOS instead of a G45 cause that grip is awesome and I have a 17 round preban. But I like the G43x for carry so getting a G45 is a lower priority.

I regret getting a G19 gen 5 MOS instead of a G45 cause that grip is awesome and I have a 17 round preban. But I like the G43x for carry so getting a G45 is a lower priority.
Don't worry CCW comes first then toys.

You can always sell the G19 since the year is new and the G19 is likely new.

Back
Top Bottom