I Made a handle for my Dillon.

Kicker96FS

NES Member
I was tired of wearing my hand out on the ball of my press so I made this last week, copied one I saw recently.
I had everything except the dowel rod, 9 bucks and change at the HD.

Now I roll the handle!

attachment.php

Attachments

• HandleForDillon2.jpg
    HandleForDillon2.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
WOW, that looks friggin awesome
Nice job
I have heard others complain about the ball
I myself have never had the problem for some reason and I have loaded 10's of thousands of rounds
What are you reloading that gets you the most?

Nice homemade roller handle. [grin]

I've had the aluminum roller handle since day 1 and couldn't be happier....

-Mike

Right now I am doing .380, it's not how hard it is, it's the many hundreds of repetitions that wears the palm of my hand sore. Plus I am thinking of when I do 30.06, things would get tough. The handle raises the grab point almost 3" higher and that will give me more leverage, making it even easier to pull.

WOW, that looks friggin awesome
Nice job
I have heard others complain about the ball
I myself have never had the problem for some reason and I have loaded 10's of thousands of rounds
What are you reloading that gets you the most?

- - - Updated - - -

Thought about it but Management didn't want me to spend the 47 bucks.

Nice homemade roller handle. [grin]

I've had the aluminum roller handle since day 1 and couldn't be happier....

-Mike

That is very fine ingenuity there, I have been thinking of getting the 550B Dillion myself. Always thought why they didn't just put that handle on them all, if someone reloads more it would help the company out in the long run anyways right? They would need to buy more dies or anything else that wears fast I would think, but guess since I don't reload yet I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Charles.

If you load 100 here and there the ball is no big deal. If you're cranking out 500+ in an evening you will wish you had a handle like that. [laugh]

The handle looks great. Nice job. What I was looking at...do you really hold your press to the bench with just that squeeze clamp? Loading rifle stuff I would be afraid of having the whole rig land in my lap.

The handle looks great. Nice job. What I was looking at...do you really hold your press to the bench with just that squeeze clamp? Loading rifle stuff I would be afraid of having the whole rig land in my lap.

No, I have lag bolts at the upper end of the 2x10 and clamps at the front edge. Makes it faster to take off the bench if I need it for other uses. (the bench that is.)

Make another and Karma it off so I can win it. Or just make me one and I will return the kindness. :)
Awesome job thanks for posting.

Nice job!!

I actually prefer the ball as I can feel the actions of the press better because of its solid contact.

Back
Top Bottom