I love surprises!

Doorbell rang this AM and when I answered it the FedEx delivery guy was standing there holding a large box.

("Hmmmm... I didn't order anything recently").

After he asked me my name he said "I'll bet you couldn't wait to get this"?

Thinking for a moment there was only one thing it could be. I looked for the shipping label and there it was .... Civilian Marksmanship Programs!

[banana] [banana] [banana] [banana] [banana] [banana]

Of course I didn't have the package in my hands more than 10 seconds before
grabbing the nearest available implement (a tea spoon), to tear off the packing tape with and lo and behold there it was...

a Service Grade Springfield Armory M1 Garand... [smile]

M1.jpg

I had ordered this thing back on Nov 20th when the most recent big shipment of M1s had come in. Unfortunately, by the time I had gotten my CMP package put together and they received it and processed it, all the rifles had been sold. [sad]

I guess good things come to those that wait.

You ordered an M1 and FORGOT !?!?!?

I'm older than dirt and wouldn't forget that !

I didn't exactly forget about it... I more or less gave up hope waiting for more to arrive.

Funny thing though... I never got an email notifying me that it had shipped, and according to the ODCMP website, Service Grades are still out of stock.

I'm guessing mine is either a return, or they only got in enough to fill back orders.

Next up is at least 1 (maybe 2.... depending on price), M1 carbine once they're released for sale. [smile]

I Love Surprises

You ordered an M1 and FORGOT !?!?!?

I'm older than dirt and wouldn't forget that !

Congrats on the M-1 you will love that Beauty!! Also i have to agree
with Dennis How could you forget??? And i am alot older than Dennis
in fact i am so old that i served K-P at the last Supper !!

Take Care Sheriff Dudley

Back
Top Bottom