I brought Dad's old guns home -- now what

Rem and Hornady make good hunting ammo for the .32 Win Special. Friend of mine has a very early Winchester model - 1st year - in a cavalry stock with steel buttplate. It seemed surprisingly punchy for a cartridge I expected to feel like a .30-30... maybe that was the stock talking! Anyhow, the current production commercial ammo (we shot both the Rem and Hornady) is definitely MODeer to 100m, and even brand new shooters managed to hit 12" gongs every shot at that range with the peep sights. It's probably ~2-3 MOA in reality but we never shot paper with it

37694654.jpg

Based on the age and the lack of rounds down range, if you are interested in selling the .22, let me know.

My son is crazy for .22's and an antique bolt would make a nice Christmas present, especially if we get to send some 'man time' getting it back into shooting shape

The 94 looks to be a pre-64 in excellent condition. Fairly obscure caliber, but that's not too much of a detriment to value.
I own the same JC Higgins .22. Excellent rifle. Dead nuts accurate and feeds everything from shorts and colibris to high velocity LR. I put a 4x32 scope on mine. They don't have serial numbers, so they were made prior to 1968, but probably no earlier than the 50's.
The shotgun is just a basic single shot from the first half f the 20th century. Nothing special, shitloads of them were made by many different companies and they're all pretty much the same.
I don't really know amuch about that roll over breach loader. It's probably a conversion from a cap lock musket, given the lock style. A guy I went to school with rebarreled one like that for .45 LC. Ended up being a neat little carbine.

Based on the age and the lack of rounds down range, if you are interested in selling the .22, let me know.

My son is crazy for .22's and an antique bolt would make a nice Christmas present, especially if we get to send some 'man time' getting it back into shooting shape

I didn't have a .22 bolt action before, so this one is especially interesting to me. I'll be keeping it, and trying it once I get a chance to.

By the way, I have a new problem... the musket / breach loader is ridiculously long, longer than anything else I have, and won't fit in my larger safe. Now I need a new safe. (Yup, spend $500 to store a $50 gun.... LOL)

I don't believe in owning guns I can't shoot, although I do own a few I just haven't gotten around to yet. If the '94 is truly unfired, I'd leave it that way and accept the premium price it would bring with that (Marbles?) sight, then buy one similar to shoot.

I don't believe in owning guns I can't shoot, although I do own a few I just haven't gotten around to yet. If the '94 is truly unfired, I'd leave it that way and accept the premium price it would bring with that (Marbles?) sight, then buy one similar to shoot.

If it's a post 64 winchester the value is not really any gain selling it to buy something else.
Buy some ammo and enjoy...
If you had box and papers maybe a bit more value.

Would that really have much of a premium? I'm not sure how to verify it was never fired though. For all I know; my father may have bought them used.

Would that really have much of a premium? I'm not sure how to verify it was never fired though. For all I know; my father may have bought them used.

It's hunting season , there's are still some guys taking deer down with 32win spl. Check out a few local shops and buy a box or two.... give the bore a few cleaning patches and have fun.

I have one of these with the original scope I've been meaning to put in classifieds for oh 2 years now. Anyway, I see the op is keeping his so let me know if you want some pics.

Back
Top Bottom