I bought a m1 garand (and a enfield)

m44

I bought a garand [smile] from tombstone. Originally I was gonna buy a m1 garand from bronz but I called him this morning and he had already sold his 600.00 garand [crying]. So then me and my brother decided to go to tombstone and see if he had anything well he had a garand for 600.00 and I got it [smile] cost me 620.00 OTD and he threw in 45 rounds of 8mm I was gonna buy.Didnt get to shoot it much because he had no ammo for it (already sold all his 30-06) and all we had was ten rounds on 03 strippers somebody gave me a while back. So we had to single load it one shell at a time because we had no clips.The only downfall about this gun is it has a refinished stock and the muzzle swallows a bullet but the rest of the bore isn't bad. Forgot to mention (boy am I stupid) she's a springfield armory and the serial # dates to december 1942 [smile], I bet this gun shot her fair share of either Germans or japs. Still wish I had gotten the 600.00 garand from bronz though it had the been there done that look, but I didn't have the money at the time.Also does anyone know where I can get a original sling for it and a buttrap cleaning kit, I also need to get a ten inch bayonet the one in the pics is a 6 inch korean cut down.

As for the enfield as my brother and me were driving home he said he should have brought the enfield he had decided to sell, since we both lived in the same house I bought it off him for 100.00. He also collects milsurps (he got me into it) so he knew it was cheap it is a 1915 enfield that was altered into jungle carbine configuration by Santa Fe.

Pics of the garand

101_0078.jpg

101_0073.jpg

101_0075.jpg

pics of the enfield

101_0080.jpg

101_0084.jpg

Is the Garand barrel stainless, or just really light on finish?

All the parkerizing is worn off there.

They look great, The stocks look new.

They are I am positive the garand was refinished and the enfield was completely rebuilt by Santa Fe.

You may want one now but wait until you see the going price on them....

I already know the price but still want one.

Last edited:
The stock on that Garand looks pretty good. If you are looking for a sling try Fulton Armory, Midway, or Brownells. Or just do a search on Google and you should find numerous places selling them - both leather and canvas.

The en-bloc clips are pretty easy to come by also, but the easiest way to get some en-bloc clips and some ammo for your new Garand is to signup with CMP (www.odcmp.com) and order a case of ammo from them. It's the cheapest 30.06 out there and you can get it already loaded in the en-bloc clips and packed in bandoleers.

If you are looking to get some clips in the meantime send me a PM - I have hundreds of them and could sell you a few.

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

The garand is a blast it is my new favorite (even over the SKS).I intend to make a order from the cmp soon as soon as I get around to sending in my membership application.What kind of sling was being issued in 1942 (want a matching one) also any idea's about where to get a buttrap cleaning kit?

Pm sent on the clips.

Heathen!

Just kiddin. Glad you enjoy it and to each their own.[wink]

If I had a better SKS like a Russian ,a Yugo 59, a Yugo 59/66 (they look cool as all heck), or a norinco paratrooper (another cool as all heck). If I had any of those the SKS would be tied with the garand, but my norinco doesn't really look as good as even other norincos I have seen. I like it but i wish that it was a different one. Maybe my next gun will be another SKS [smile], But then again I do like m1 carbines, 03s,91/30s,m38s,m39s........

M1 Garand

Ah, that brings back memories. I served in the USAF Honor Guard at Reese AFB 1976-1980 and used the M1 many times in firing parties at military funerals.
I never fired live rounds, only blanks, three volleys for at funerals for our very deserving and honored veterans. Seven in the firing party, three volleys....for a total of 21.

Matthew Ota
Sgt, USAF
64th FTW
Reese AFB
1976-1980

Back
Top Bottom