• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hypothetically speaking... Ammo collection

I stocked up 'cuz hillary in 2016, then shopped deals since. There were a lot of deals. A co worker thought I was crazy. I just sold him some 9 for less than ammoseek prices. He was appreciative, and now says he understands why I kept hounding him to get a gun and get going. He spent 5 hours in a small shop to get his first pistol, and was able to buy 2 boxes of ammo only because he bought a gun, and had to buy the ammo the following day.
My clairvoyant move was buying a .22lr Glock conversion kit 5/3, as well as a Ruger SR22. That, along with 2 22lr rifles, allows me to save my centerfire stock, while still enjoying pistol/rifle at low cost, and no personal supply issue.

There was a day when I exceeded 13k. But like several others on this site, I had an unfortunate boating accident one day while transporting almost all of my ammo and several of my firearms to a classified location. With a loss such as that I only feel comfortable keeping one open box of each caliber on hand at any given time. I'm sure you can understand my situation.

There was a day when I exceeded 13k. But like several others on this site, I had an unfortunate boating accident one day while transporting almost all of my ammo and several of my firearms to a classified location. With a loss such as that I only feel comfortable keeping one open box of each caliber on hand at any given time. I'm sure you can understand my situation.

For your sake, I hope you are keeping the original box and keep everything locked up in accordance with the law.

I shoot distinctly different patterns in the two states I live in, (muddled and confused are similar states, but they are different).

Up north I shoot a lot of 9mm, and decent amounts of .38, .357, .45 and .22 with a little shotgun thrown in for variety, (20 & 12).
At home here, I shoot a lot of 9mm, a decent amount of .556 and the occasional round of something else including shotguns as above.

So, I'm stocked accordingly. Like many others, I used to stock enough for a week or two. Then Obama - and ammo got scarce. When it became available again, I started buying whenever I could find it at a reasonable price.

I just swapped my press back from .357 to 9mm, and as I put the loaded ammo away - I did a quick check of my shelves. I probably shot a max of 500 rounds of .22 here in Georgia last year - and I have something like 20,000 rounds of it on my shelf. All organized by the gun(s) that particular brand best suits. I have more in CT because I shoot .22's up there.

And I don't worry about the floor collapsing because the ammo's on the ground floor. :)

The only time I've ever said "That's too much ammo" and meant it was helping a friend of mine move. It gave me a real appreciation of what it'll be like when I hit retirement and get out of MA.

I need a bigger truck by then.

How much? No clue. I'll still occasionally stumble across a stash I forgot I bought. Still looking for that illusive $45 spam can of 7.62x39 from last century.

To all the mofos at the range who made fun of me for shooting cheap steel-cased aka "shit" ammo, all I have to say is

BAAHAHAHHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Back
Top Bottom