Husband claims gun fired when he threw it on bed, killing wife

Zeo

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A man who is charged with murder for allegedly shooting his wife told police the gun discharged when he threw it on their bed, early Sunday morning. Austin police were called to the family’s home on Walton Heath Circle in southeast Austin at 12:23 a.m. Sunday.
Their teenage daughter told police she was talking to a friend on the phone when she heard her parents arguing in their bedroom.

When their daughter heard a noise, she went to the bedroom where she found her father, Michael Volmer, 42, standing next to her mother applying pressure to a wound on her torso. The teenager told officers she saw a handgun on the bed next to them, with the barrel pointed toward her mother, 40-year-old Nicole Volmer.

The man told his daughter, “I threw the gun onto the bed and it went off,” according to a police affidavit. The girl said her mother said nothing in response except, “I love you” and “follow Jesus” as she drifted in and out of consciousness.

more:
http://kxan.com/2016/12/20/husband-claims-gun-fired-when-he-threw-it-on-bed-killing-wife/

The ol' bed defense. That will work. Maura wants to know if it was a Glock. She is also investigating the mattress company too. She doesn't care that this is in Texas. Her tentacles go far.

The ol' bed defense. That will work. Maura wants to know if it was a Glock. She is also investigating the mattress company too. She doesn't care that this is in Texas. Her tentacles go far.
Yup, must have been a Glock. Maura's says they're unsafe so that's all you need to know.

Better check to see if the tags are still on the mattress.

And check the hubby for gun shot residue. If that's a real thing.

And the gun is still pointing at her after unrestrained recoil?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

will have to wait and see how this one turns out. Two facts we have....the wife/mother is dead. The father's action whether unintentional and extremely unsafe or intentional action are the causes.

So now we have been asked to believe that he threw the gun onto a soft pillowy surface and that jarred the gun enough to cause it to discharge or it hit something and the trigger was depressed.

What was the position of the wife? Was she standing on the other side of the bed or lying down in the bed? Where is the entry wound? In her side or in her front? What height is the wound in relation to the height of the bed and the alleged height of the gun at the time of it's allegedly unintentional discharge? You know...for the angle of entry.

Where was he standing when the gun was discharged? How tall is he? How tall is she? Do they do those GSR tests like on TV? If he just came from the range that probably won't help.

The daughter making the statement that they were arguing isn't going to go well for him.

"[FONT=&quot]When interviewed by police, he told officers the gun had never gone off like that before. "

Is this like a recurring thing where he throws a loaded gun on the bed all the time? [/FONT]

This is kind of like the lies that you tell your parents when you are 15 and come home smashed.

"I puked b/c I drank too much soda and ran around"
"I just tripped and fell and did a faceplant in front of you b/c I am tired"

Etc, etc.

Hey, this would make a good Mythbusters episode!

Not a Glock- it would have had a FA malfunction and taken out the entire family.

edit- What an @sshole. Sorry for the wife and kid, hope that stupid gets the justice he deserves.

Wait, wait, what if he threw it at her (like they do in the movies when they are out of ammo) and her finger hit the trigger while it was pointing at her, and it just went off? I rest my case

"[FONT=&amp]When interviewed by police, he told officers the gun had never gone off like that before. "

Is this like a recurring thing where he throws a loaded gun on the bed all the time? [/FONT]

On a tangent, I often see people take pictures of their guns on their bed. It's so filthy. Either they sleep with their rifles or they're barbarians.

"[FONT="]When interviewed by police, he told officers the gun had never gone off like that before. "

Is this like a recurring thing where he throws a loaded gun on the bed all the time? [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[rofl]

[quote="mikem317, post: 5341458"]I hope they throw the book at him.

Or at least throw it at a bed he's lying on.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a tangent, I often see people take pictures of their guns on their bed. It's so filthy. Either they sleep with their rifles or they're barbarians.
Hey, I've been known to get a little hot and bothered when I've been around some guns, such as Barrett's and Holland and Holland's.....Lol.

Having said that, I'm pretty skeptical about this one.

Powder residue will debunk his whole story. I assume investigators are at least that smart. I have no training and know this.

Even if this amazing chain of events happened, why was he arguing and holding a gun in the first place? Only an idiot would believe his story.

Outlaw beds? Should be an easy tell if they look at gunpowder residue on his hand.

Should be an easy investigation. Pretty sure a gun discharging on bed linen will have tons of powder residue and even damage to the fabric.

search
fat_hairy_guy_with_guns.jpg

Or both...

imagejpeg

Last edited:

What's wrong with putting a gun on a bed to take a picture of it? It's a flat surface that won't damage the gun while manipulating it.

-Mike

search
fat_hairy_guy_with_guns.jpg

Or both...

imagejpeg

That dude is one of my favorite internet pictures. LOL

I knew a guy that looked JUST LIKE HIM! Wouldn't surprise me if it WAS him. LOL.

Best is the 2 guitar-hero guitars. Oh man. You've got 2 cool pieces of plastic, too!?!?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom