Hunting Invasive Lionfish with a Glock

I had seen that story earlier today. I'm wondering what the pressure levels inside the barrel look like, as I would think that having to move a barrel's worth of water out as well as the bullet must have some notable effect.

I wonder if they used Glock maritime firing pin spring cups; made their own (Glock does not sell these to unimportant people); or did without.

Does the can meet the ATF definition of suppressor? If so, these adventurers had to be licensed 07 manufacturers w/sot.

I wonder if they used Glock maritime firing pin spring cups; made their own (Glock does not sell these to unimportant people); or did without.

Does the can meet the ATF definition of suppressor? If so, these adventurers had to be licensed 07 manufacturers w/sot.
Well, one may be "just in case". Not that hard to do. The others can be RPs. They would have to Form2 them. On the other hand, what if there are no baffles and the shot in not "muffled" above water?

Amazon product ASIN B007DZV7SEView: https://www.amazon.com/Glock-GLO70M-Marine-Spring-Cups/dp/B007DZV7SE

They are readily available.

Glock does not sell them to most people because they can result in damage to the gun.

While letting water out they also allow particles in which can foul up the firing pin.

I'm sure that would be fine if you are just shooting in water and keeping the gun clean.
Maritime spring cups are not recommended for general use because they allow particles into the firing pin channel which can result in failure.

you want the barrel full of water. Otherwise it does this shit like the shotguns with just the end plug with mud or water.

You guys have never fired a pistol in your pool? I was doing it to recover the projectiles to examine the fit to barrel..

From a safety standpoint you just Gotta make sure you’re your a few feet under the water in case you’re an idiot you don’t want to pop off and kill somebody next to the pool…

And definitely use frog lube…sarcasm

What I didn’t see is semi auto function….That would actually require doing something impressive to make it work. Single shot Factory ammo underwater. Anybody can do that

Last edited:
Amazon product ASIN B007DZV7SEView: https://www.amazon.com/Glock-GLO70M-Marine-Spring-Cups/dp/B007DZV7SE

They are readily available.

Glock does not sell them to most people because they can result in damage to the gun.

While letting water out they also allow particles in which can foul up the firing pin.

I'm sure that would be fine if you are just shooting in water and keeping the gun clean.
Maritime spring cups are not recommended for general use because they allow particles into the firing pin channel which can result in failure.

I love how they’re on Amazon.

I haven’t seen a full-size sig that won’t shoot underwater. Although it almost does make the case for having a plastic gun especially in salt water, but all you Gotta do is douche it out when you’re done and you’re fine

So a barrel full of water won't cause a squib? Jack.
no because the pressure from the water is equal inside and outside. it just slows the bullet way down once it exits the muzzle. Subsonic fmj will travel pretty far though. its like firing in really really really dense air.

So a barrel full of water won't cause a squib? Jack.

Nope. It’s not to say it’s recommended..

Where are the real overpressure happens is when there’s any amount of air and obstruction at the end. The bullet travels and compresses the air and it can cause some pretty serious failures as you can see all over the Internet.

You have to modify the gun if you want to semi automatic performance. I don’t think tripling the powder load would be a smart way to go about it…It might be a simple it’s just taking out the oprod spring…Or cutting it down possibly putting a shim in a section of spring. I think the easiest way to achieve it would be to install some kind of buffer if it’s possible on the gun like the plastic buffers in an Uzi or was it the MAc…I don’t remember off the top of my head.

As an avid reloader it was very nice to be able to recover my projectiles. I wanted to know if my copper plating was staying on my custom projectiles. It was the rifling did bite through it but that’s not really relevant anything

You can fire into the pool but I don’t recommend that. If you’re underwater you’re good. It’s just like on MythBusters projects only travel so far underwater. On myth busters they managed to blow out the entire tank but that was because of a shotgun…And a real shabby tank

Back
Top Bottom