Hungarian/Nazi m.37 whats it worth?

I stumbled upon this piece at a local shop and I wonder what it might be worth I have wanted a Nazi marked pistol, without import marks for a while. Lugers are far beyond my reach, and the vast majority of p38s for sale at the moment are import guns ( nothing wrong with import guns, I justt need a nazi marked gun that original to offset the ghay of my MM k98! ) I have handled the firearm and very much liked it, it seemed like an odd, not every day piece.

So, Nazi m.37 in 7,65 matching frame, slide, and barrel. mag is mismatched. blueing is nice, gun cycles and functions properly. The shop had it priced at $475,

Whats is worth? what do you think?

Last edited:
I always wanted one of those too. :) My book says that they go for $550 with Nazi markings and in excellent shape. And at very good condition they go for $450.

But it today's economy it is hard to tell.

You may get lucky.

Last edited:
I've always found this website to be a good guide. It might be off here and there, but generally it gives a good ballpark based on condition. The hard part is deciding condition:

http://www.fo.com/cr-buds/prices.asp

Be sure to check what they're going for on the auction boards as well.

Very interesting website and worth a favorite marking, but to USMA's point, some have sky rocketed beyond this point and some are in line. depends on the item but this is a very good place to start!

What book are you going by? I really need to get a one of those instead of guessing....

http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Cata...4514/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1324647748&sr=8-6

I use the book mostly for information as it has a very near complete listing of military firearms. It is better than just the standard catalogue of firearms as it is focused on milsurps. Pricing however has to be taken with some hesitance. I have seen some guns go for a lot more on a regular basis than what the book says they should. The refurbed M1 carbines are a good example. And I once had a gun (Systema M1927) the book said was worth $900 and felt lucky to get $500 for it. The best method is Gun Broker as that will show the latest trends and movements in pricing. But GB, like Ebay, has recently limited how far back you can search completed listings. So, if it is an uncommon gun it can be hard to get a good idea of price.

Oh well, just reached my limit of $400. if anyone else wants in.....

damn it! lost it for $5 over my high bid[banghead]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom