• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HSC IDPA 7/23/11 and SHOTGUN SIDE STAGE

I've only shot a shotgun match a couple times, but, you'll need a shotgun, shells, shell holding device for reloads. A shotgun with choke tubes is preferred, since a Texas Star is included in the stage.

Chokes? It would be a good idea to warn the shooters with the short barrel cylinder bore (slug) guns that they might not be competitive. I have RO'd matches where this problem arose; there were a lot of unhappy campers.

Chokes? It would be a good idea to warn the shooters with the short barrel cylinder bore (slug) guns that they might not be competitive. I have RO'd matches where this problem arose; there were a lot of unhappy campers.
But an 18" cylinder bore shotgun is Tacticoool!

I would know where you shotgun hits and what it will knock down from 10,15,20,25 yards
I assume the texas star would be at 10 yards, so I would run a Light modified, 15 yards a Mod, after that a full

Wish I could make it, but I'll be attending a match that day here on my vacation in Utah. Does this mean I'm seriously hooked when I bring my gear with me on vacation? [grin]

Just a reminder to all... It looks like it will be a HOT one Saturday. Pack some water in those range bags.

Limited water will be available in the clubhouse for a donation, as well as around noonish for lunch for a fee.

JAR,
What choke are you going to use??[wink]
Modified, because I don't have a light modified. I'm still shooting my cheapo 500. Hoping Mossberg gets the Benny/Jerry 930 model out soon.

I'll be making my CDP debut at this match with the single stack I just got for my birthday. We'll see how that goes.

Wish I could make it, but I'll be attending a match that day here on my vacation in Utah. Does this mean I'm seriously hooked when I bring my gear with me on vacation? [grin]

No it doesn't, but... if you chose Utah for a vacation spot because you could bring your gun there then that would be another story!

Dang it... I can't make it to this match. You guys have fun and stay cool! I'll see you guys next weekend though.

Short distances and clays... I may do IC and see what happens.
That would depend on what brand of Texas Star was purchased! MGM has a tendancy to need a bit more oomf to take the plates off. Depends on the distance to the star.

awsome match, another great job by MWT, and extra thanks to AAron for the shotgun use. I think the shells came from Tim...big thanks. Good thing it wasnt hot today.

Scores are ready... I am having technical difficulties with the side match scoresheet and have emailed it to the MWT staff, hopefully someone can come up with a fix soon.

OK, I have the side results now but I can't upload a PDF due to size limitations on NES. Hopefully you can read this JPEG of the scoresheet.

Attachments

• MWT JULY 2011 Match Results.pdf
    20.8 KB · Views: 76
  • MWT JULY 2011 Stage Details.pdf
    60.7 KB · Views: 33
  • MWT July 2011 Shotgun Side Match.jpg
    MWT July 2011 Shotgun Side Match.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Excellent work John. If no one else has said it before, we really appeciate you doing the scores and getting such a quick turn around on this.

Thank you Aaron and Tim for the use of the shotgun and the shells.

also, holy crap we got a lot of fine shooters in the SSP/EX class. I really need to step up my game.

+ 1 to what Ken said. Was a hot day but had a fun squad. What appeared to be a pretty easy to shoot match didn't seem so easy... I may toss the handguns and focus on shot guns! LOL

Thanks to Tim and the staff- I know you guys put in a lot of work on this one.

+ 1 to what Ken said. Was a hot day but had a fun squad. What appeared to be a pretty easy to shoot match didn't seem so easy... I may toss the handguns and focus on shot guns! LOL
Where are the shotgun results? Lugnut was crowing on how good he did.

I would like to thank John for getting the scoring up his usual fast fashion. I would also like to thank everyone else for helping out. IDPA is a volunteer run sport, and this match was a great example of how that works. It was a hot day, and everyone kept their cool.

The only thing I have heard that even comes close to a complaint, are the people who are wondering how Dave had a 12 second run in SG (actually 19+)...

Back
Top Bottom