• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HSC IDPA 7/23/11 and SHOTGUN SIDE STAGE

MWT and HSC would like to invite you all to our monthly IDPA match on July 23 with 6 stages and IMO a pretty darn cool low light stage.....

There also will be an optional shotgun only side stage. 9 shot min with bird shot #6,#7,#8 only lead preferred. MWT will be debuting 3 new props we recently acquired a Texas Star and 2 large poppers with attached clay throwers... It will be a fun stage!!!!!

Registration starts at 9:15AM
First shots at 10AM
Lunch will be available for a small fee

If you are new to IDPA just let registration know.

Again guys:)
SHOTGUN SIDE STAGE PASS THE WORD[smile]

Not for just 9 rounds[grin] If I did, Lugnut wouldn't let me live it down. Not to mention I have to get stuff ready for a larger match.
Good Luck with it.
Just checked the rules, my shotgun isn't legal.

Last edited:
Not for just 9 rounds[grin] If I did, Lugnut wouldn't let me live it down. Not to mention I have to get stuff ready for a larger match.
Good Luck with it.
Just checked the rules, my shotgun isn't legal.
Just bring it. At the last DMG side stage, they weren't exactly strict in enforcing the rules.

I can't drop mags, so I figured my hulls can't hit the ground either. (Supermoto will be proud of me for this [devil])

It was a good one, you make me proud

When your standards are based on SuperMofo you know you have slipped to a new low...

Speaking of new lows. This is a perfect time to roll out the Team Bacon Humor contingency program.

Make fun of a certain shooting sport... pack of bacon
Make fun of a certain sun glass manufacturer... pack of bacon
Make fun of a certain gun manufacturer.... pack of bacon
All three at once...Welcome to Team Bacon

I can't drop mags, so I figured my hulls can't hit the ground either. (Supermoto will be proud of me for this [devil])
WTF are you going on about?

You can drop mags. They just have to be empty.

And autoloaders are allowed, so of course your hulls can hit the ground.

Or are you just trolling? If so, then join my squad and let me know who you are. I'll score you appropriately [wink]

Not if there's another round in the gun [grin].

There you go. I don't think M1911 knows what Dan S is up to... he and SuperMofo are the designated IDPA bashers on this forum. Not sure why they lurk around here... I think they just enjoy our fine company.

There you go. I don't think M1911 knows what Dan S is up to... he and SuperMofo are the designated IDPA bashers on this forum. Not sure why they lurk around here... I think they just enjoy our fine company.
I saw that shotgun was included at the next match. I just couldn't help myself.

Speaking of new lows. This is a perfect time to roll out the Team Bacon Humor contingency program.

Make fun of a certain shooting sport... pack of bacon
Make fun of a certain sun glass manufacturer... pack of bacon
Make fun of a certain gun manufacturer.... pack of bacon
All three at once...Welcome to Team Bacon

So let me get this straight, If I said something like "Rudy's project is to put funny shirts on middle age men playing hide and seek with tupperware"

I could win something?

Just askin [rofl]

Dan,
I am going I will loan you my vest so you have some pockets to put your hulls in.
Mike should go, I have a vest for him too.
Thanks Ken! But Rocky Mountain preparations has priority. [wink]
I forgot to ask, will my Benelli need to be concealed?
Dave, M1911 doesn't know me, so he wouldn't know what I was up to.

MWT and HSC would like to invite you all to our monthly IDPA match on July 23 with 6 stages and IMO a pretty darn cool low light stage.....

There also will be an optional shotgun only side stage. 9 shot min with bird shot #6,#7,#8 only lead preferred. MWT will be debuting 3 new props we recently acquired a Texas Star and 2 large poppers with attached clay throwers... It will be a fun stage!!!!!

Registration starts at 9:15AM
First shots at 10AM
Lunch will be available for a small fee

If you are new to IDPA just let registration know.

Again guys:)
SHOTGUN SIDE STAGE PASS THE WORD[smile]

I have never done a shotgun stage. It looks like a lot of fun
What equipment besides a shotgun would i need?
I am going to try and find someone with one to borrow from.
Thanks, Mike

No worries. Dave will point you out to me so i know who to give the FTDRs.

although........,
I normally stay off this channel (shotgun posts) , but supermofo moved to NY, so I have no one to judge..
AND,
Anyone & everyone who knows me, pretty much knows I don't suffer fools well (or assh0(es for that matter..)

Based on his attack of my friend Dan S,

I am thinking this M1911 needs a big cup of STFU!

Even though YOU HAVE 18,342 meaningless posts,

You really need to shut up.
I know what your reaction will be,
but don't,
don't poke the bear.......

Last edited:
Thanks, Mike
I've only shot a shotgun match a couple times, but, you'll need a shotgun, shells, shell holding device for reloads. A shotgun with choke tubes is preferred, since a Texas Star is included in the stage.

Thanks, Mike

Just a shotgun with a choke preferred. There are some gaming accessories that would be nice such as shell pouches but are optional IMO..

I will be bringing 2 shotguns with me.. You are more than welcome to use them for the stage.

Weedwhacker,
You may want to list what is allowed in regards to the shotgun modifications, since M1911 said strict adoption of IDPA rules wasn't used for your 3 gun stage.

The way that I see it, is this is an IDPA event with a SG side stage. Side stage definition is that it is scored separately from the rest of the match. However, since it is an IDPA match, I have asked the score keeper if we can segregate the scores for the DMG legal guns from the non DMG legal guns. This way the people that have had the opportunity to acquire gear for DMG matches (for the future) can see how they are stacking up against their competition, and the people with all the taticool gizmo laden zombie killer guns can see how they stack up against each other.

Scoring will be according to IDPA rules. Remember, this is a side stage at an IDPA match. As there is nothing at this stage defined as cover, everything will be considered equal threat. Steel must fall, clays must be engaged. Missed clays will be scored as disappearing targets, no ftn will apply. However, the opposite is true of the steel. There will be a table to load from, so you will not need uber fancy shell pouches.

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom