How to build a toy pistol range at work or home

Though this was kinda cool.

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2009/04/how-to-build-a.html

We decided to build a shooting range for the office, because I finally got tired of getting shot with airsoft guns. The idea was to base it off of real steel shooting ranges by using an foldable, angled board with carpet for dampening. Then we used a clothesline setup to hold the silhouette. The clothesline isn't really necessary if you can walk right up to the target or if you only have one lane, but it's kind of fun regardless.

I tried to build one...all my shots went through the target and the wall...

We did something similar to this at my last job. We didn't build a target retrieval system, but we built a trap and a backstop. Our office was bristling with airsoft guns. We actually had designated 'gun free zones' for the people who weren't too happy about it.

I had an airsoft range in the back room of my store. All I would do was cut an 8.5x11" hole out of one side of a box, put a photocopied target over the hole and voila! Instant target stand and pellet trap. When my boss was around I would turn the box around, and it blended in with all the other boxes of crap we had in the back room.

Airsoft is fun. Plus it helps train my kids on proper weapons handling.

Some of the models are very realistic to size and weight. most of mine are capable of 10" groups at 150' firing .25g rounds @380fps 600ish rds per min.

Back
Top Bottom