How many kids came for Halloween?

We put out a five gallon bucket of candy on the front porch, put a sign on it, (help yourselves, but leave some for others), added some lights and went over to our friends' house to indulge in adult beverages while handing out candy there.

Probably saw 100 to 200 kids while at our friends, came home around midnight, and there was about 3 inches of candy left in the bucket.

My friends's kids dressed up as killer clowns and attached balloons to most of the sewer grates in the neighborhood. Attached pic of balloon and oldest kid. Younger ones were skipping around in clown costumes swinging hammer and crowbar - didn't get pics of them.

Attachments

• clown1.jpg
    clown1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 11
  • clown2.jpg
    clown2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 11
  • clown3.jpg
    clown3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 11
Zero. First time ever. It's been declining for a while. Back in the day, we would literally get hundreds being drawn to a guy up the street doing a killer haunted house setup, going through about 20 pounds of the assortment bags. After he moved, it dropped back to the 20s / 30s, then began a decline as the kids in the neighborhood aged out.

Never had no one before, though. :(

Wife keeps track, just for the fun of it. I think we got around 20. Pretty much the same as last year. But, the year before that, I think we had almost twice as many. We live in a somewhat out of the way area, made up of maybe a half dozen streets. So, mostly, it's just the kids in this immediate area. I'm guessing some that used to go around have moved away. Others have outgrown it in the ten years we've lived here.
The rest of the year, we never buy candy. So, I'm enjoying the occasional peanut butter cup or four when I pass by them.

Back
Top Bottom