How long

I started over 30 years ago and I've only stopped for meals, go to work, go shooting, go shopping and on vacations with my wife - when she was alive, walk the dog etc.[crying]

Started 20 years ago and took the middle 10 off to raise kids. 10K .45, 4K .9, 2K .357 and 2K .223. Lots of pages of unorganized reload data and a once shot Chrony chronograph.

I started by watching my father smoke cigars and put shotgun shells together with a Herter's press. Maybe 7 years old? In time he'd let me size and decap. By the time I was 12 (1969) I was reloading every cartridge we shot including the .45-70, 6.5mm Swedish Krag, 30-40 K, 30-06, .218 bee, .22 hornet, .219 Donaldson Wasp, (bee and wasp all in Winchester 92s my dad rebarreled and restocked) .44-40 rifle and several others. My father was not interested in handguns much. We did have 2 surplus 1911s and a 1917 S&W along with the odd .38 or two, but my father did not reload for those. I got interested in handguns at about 15 and did all the handgun reloading. My dad has never loaded a single handgun cartridge that I'm aware of. He is a rifleman, pure and simple.

John

37 years. I'm just a beginner compared to guys like Big Gun and One Eyed Jack. I think they started reloading by the light of a whale oil lamp.

Yes, Gerry. I was reloading while you were still pissing your pants! All I load now is .45 acp for the subguns and the 1911 and .357 mag for the python. Used to do other calibers and shotshell. Jack.

Yes, Gerry. I was reloading while you were still pissing your pants! All I load now is .45 acp for the subguns and the 1911 and .357 mag for the python. Used to do other calibers and shotshell. Jack.

I had graduated to coal oil or carbide miners lamps when I started, but we still had to tape the healights on the old 36 chevy so that enemy planes couldn't see us. I used a gasoline blow torch to melt the lead in a cast iron cow lick. Nickers were in back then!

Back
Top Bottom