Reloading Browning 9mm Long

apander

NES Member
I have not reloaded ever but I would like to start reloading some Browning 9 mm Long and I have over 250 {1942 year} Swedish military rounds that only fire about 1/3 of the time. My questions is it possible to pull the bullets, dump the powder and replace the primer and then reload using a hand press. I have had the PPU 9 mm long on back order for over three years and I know the case is 20mm long not 19mm like the 9mm luger. I know the PPU round is a FMJ that weighs 108 gr. and has a Muzzle Velocity of 1148 fps. I inherited the FN model 107 that was made in 1907 and 1915 for the Swedish Military and my gun was issued to the Infantry located in Malmo, Sweden the same town my Father was born in. So I guess I'm trying to fire a 120 year old pistol using 80 year old ammunition.

Sure thing. As long as you can find the dies for it you’re good to go. Load data might not be super easy to find but I’m sure it’s out there.

I've done something similar with 8mm Mauser ammo. I reused the bullets and powder. The primers were dead but were Berdan so I used new cases and primers.

I have not reloaded ever but I would like to start reloading some Browning 9 mm Long and I have over 250 {1942 year} Swedish military rounds that only fire about 1/3 of the time. My questions is it possible to pull the bullets, dump the powder and replace the primer and then reload using a hand press. I have had the PPU 9 mm long on back order for over three years and I know the case is 20mm long not 19mm like the 9mm luger. I know the PPU round is a FMJ that weighs 108 gr. and has a Muzzle Velocity of 1148 fps. I inherited the FN model 107 that was made in 1907 and 1915 for the Swedish Military and my gun was issued to the Infantry located in Malmo, Sweden the same town my Father was born in. So I guess I'm trying to fire a 120 year old pistol using 80 year old ammunition.
100%.

I recommend a bullet puller die. After you use one, you will wonder why you wasted your time with one of those hammers.

You can also reuse the bullets.

I started a thread in the reloading section.

I'm assuming the do not fires are the primers, so if I pull the bullets and somehow get the primers out without setting them off a new primer and powder should do the trick. I don't have a reloading press so how would a Die work? Asking nicely because I don.t reload and never have.

Many bullet casters will size per order. Matt's Bullets has several offerings that should work just fine. Jacketed bullets might be a bit more limited, but swaging can be done to a degree.

Back
Top Bottom