• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how hard would it be to conceal a Glock 23?

Ive got a chance at a steal of a deal (IMHO) on one and was curious to see how people think it would be for conceal.....

Im not against also getting a subcompact for easy concealment later on.....

It all depends on the holster, cover garment, and belt. But, for reference, I'm 5'8" and have no difficulty concealing a full sized 1911 in a CTAC holster, even in summertime dress (shorts and t-shirt). A Glock 23 would be even less of a problem.

thats all the encouragement I need!

I wear long pants, button down shirts year round, even when not at work (I just dont like tshirts or shorts for some reason) so it sounds like I will be good to go!

G23 is the same size as a G19, so it shouldn't be too bad given a
proper holster/belt. The guns are pretty skinny which helps in
concealment.

-Mike

I have both a subcompact G36 and a G23.
With the magazine in the G36 it's pretty much the same size. The barrel is a bit longer on the 23 but depending on the holster it wouldn't make a difference.

I've debated carrying my 23 instead of my 36 sometimes.

I'd do it. What price are you getting the 23 for?

G23

Ive got a chance at a steal of a deal (IMHO) on one and was curious to see how people think it would be for conceal.....

Im not against also getting a subcompact for easy concealment later on.....
I`ve been carrying one concealed since 1990. I have a Mitch Rosen ARG rig. No problem. G23`s are like gold in this state. What generation is it?

The only issue w/ concealing a Glock is how thick the gun is. It makes you ~2" wider on one side, which depending on your size, shape, and dress can be a problem. I can carry a 1911 all day w/o issue, but a Glock sticks out too far.

That said, if its a great price, buy it, and if you don't like it, you can sell the gun and leather for at least a break even.

AE

My G19 in an MTAC is invisible. Hell, just sticking it in my back pocket is almost good enough, if you weren't thinking gun, you wouldn't know what it was.

Though I'm large so its a little easier for me to hide stuff.

Completely agree with everyone else. It really comes down to your frame, holster choice, and clothing. I'm 5'11 190 and I can't conceal a G23 very well given my frame. my waist depth is thin (belly button to spine) so I have a problem with guns printing out the back. I carry a M&P 40c in a Comp-tac C.T.A.C at exactly 9:00 (i'm a lefty) and this is the only place it fits well. Any further back and the handle sticks right out if I'm bending at all. Regardless though, a steal is a steal and nothing wrong with adding to the collection. [smile]

G23

Completely agree with everyone else. It really comes down to your frame, holster choice, and clothing. I'm 5'11 190 and I can't conceal a G23 very well given my frame. my waist depth is thin (belly button to spine) so I have a problem with guns printing out the back. I carry a M&P 40c in a Comp-tac C.T.A.C at exactly 9:00 (i'm a lefty) and this is the only place it fits well. Any further back and the handle sticks right out if I'm bending at all. Regardless though, a steal is a steal and nothing wrong with adding to the collection. [smile]
You have to buy your pants 1" or 2" larger than normal and wear shirts that you don`t tuck in.
I wear polo shirts in the summer and rugby shirts in the winter. I am also 5'11" and 190lbs. and I`ve never had a problem. You just have to choose the right clothing.

Well I am six foot even and weigh in at 290, so I don't need to worry too much about the handle sticking out the back!

I'm not sure which gen it is but with it I'm getting two preban hicap mags and 3 10 round mags. Four hundred bucks for it all! Good deal methinks!!

Depending on how old it is, I'd say it is a good deal. If it has the extra steel reinforcement (started putting it in GLOCKs late 1997), you can shoot .357 with an extra barrel and use the same mags!

G23

Well I am six foot even and weigh in at 290, so I don't need to worry too much about the handle sticking out the back!

I'm not sure which gen it is but with it I'm getting two preban hicap mags and 3 10 round mags. Four hundred bucks for it all! Good deal methinks!!
Does it have the smooth grip or the grip finger cutouts and a rail mount on the frame?

For $400 I'm guessing it's a 2nd gen. Nothing wrong with that though.

I figured either way it was a good enough deal, you know? The real appeal to me is the high cap mags, as well as having an affordable 40 cal (I could get the m@p9 9mm for a hundred more, but wouldn't have the high caps).

I think later I will get a subcompact and get it in 9mm. Damn, I'm excited!! And I blame you guys!!!

The only issue w/ concealing a Glock is how thick the gun is. It makes you ~2" wider on one side, which depending on your size, shape, and dress can be a problem. I can carry a 1911 all day w/o issue, but a Glock sticks out too far.

That said, if its a great price, buy it, and if you don't like it, you can sell the gun and leather for at least a break even.

AE
It's a lot thinner than a S&W K frame revolver and I can make one disappear without wearing oversized sacks for clothing. I'm 5'8" and 185 so it's not like one needs to be huge to hide something like that.

A Glock 19/23 is very easy to conceal.

It's a lot thinner than a S&W K frame revolver and I can make one disappear without wearing oversized sacks for clothing. I'm 5'8" and 185 so it's not like one needs to be huge to hide something like that.

A Glock 19/23 is very easy to conceal.

+1...

They're thinner than just about anything except for a Kahr single stack. (K9, etc. ). Carrying my G19 was not any
harder than carrying the 1911 officer's model I had at the time.

-Mike

It's a Gen 1 gun, and doesn't have the reinforced framerails (it's an AYS***). Just back from a "factory refurbing"

Bostonasphalt, nice to see you here too, and not just on AW. . .

Let me know when you're ready. . .

I just posted a similar "deal" in the classified section for a glock 33 for $575, any takers?

They didn't make gen 1 G23s. It's a 2nd gen according to the serial number. Good deal though. I'm surprised the G33 lasted so long!!!

I learned something new today. . . I thought the gen 2s had finger grooves.

and I'm surprised the 33 hasn't been snatched up by someone yet- I offered it with an extra barrel and 2 holsters with no interest

It's a Gen 1 gun, and doesn't have the reinforced framerails (it's an AYS***). Just back from a "factory refurbing"

Bostonasphalt, nice to see you here too, and not just on AW. . .

Let me know when you're ready. . .

I just posted a similar "deal" in the classified section for a glock 33 for $575, any takers?

Hey joe!!! So yeah I will be ready next weekend! I sent you my number last night, hit me baxk with yours. I'm pumped to get this ball rolling!

I learned something new today. . . I thought the gen 2s had finger grooves.

and I'm surprised the 33 hasn't been snatched up by someone yet- I offered it with an extra barrel and 2 holsters with no interest
Gen 1 = nothing
Gen 2 = grip
Gen 2.5 = finger grooves
Gen 3 = finger grooves and accessory attachment

G23

Gen 1 = nothing
Gen 2 = grip
Gen 2.5 = finger grooves
Gen 3 = finger grooves and accessory attachment
My first G23 was a GEN 2 I bought in the early 90`s. I found a GEN 3 at the Big E gun show 4 years ago and bought it. I sold my GEN 2 to a friend.

I love my G29 but its a second gen and I wish I had an accessory rail. Maybe I'll pick up a third gen G30 one of these days and use that frame for CCW with my G29 upper. The subcompacts are looking even more attractive now with Lone Wolf coming out with 4.5" and 6" barrel uppers that will fit on the subcompact frame. A G29 size frame with a G24 length upper in 10mm would be downright badass. Even a G20 sized upper on a G29 frame would be sick as you'd have G20 sight radius/muzzle velocity with a short and easy to conceal frame.

Yea I know, I like Glocks waaaay too much.

is this what the gen 2 Glock 23 would look like?

10282990_44df25ea21.jpg

Back
Top Bottom