How do you tell a Post Ban High Cap Mag?

Knob Creek

NES Member
I'm in Mass. How do you tell a post ban high cap magazine? Are they dated or are some stamped "LE". I've seem some military for the
92FS that are stamped 6/2006. Some Para Ordnance that are stamped "06". And others magazines "LE".

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it depends on the manufacturer. If it says LE Only, I'd say that it's a safe bet that you don't want to be found with it. Unless you're a LEO, of course.

Safest way is to ask the manufacturer of the magazine - but don't bother asking Glock; they'll tell you that there is no way to tell with their mags.

... but don't bother asking Glock; they'll tell you that there is no way to tell with their mags.

Of course, since they've told the DAs the exact same thing, I wouldn't worry about it (unless it's for a new model that wasn't made before the cut-off date).

Ken

Specifically, I'm looking at Para Ordnance P18 Hi Caps either by Para or Mec-Gar. How does Mec-Gar identify theirs? And Beretta 92S high Cap mags.

Most aftermarket manufacturers don't date their mags. You'd have to find a certified preban one and compare it to a certified postban one to tell.

Back
Top Bottom