How do I find out if I can buy a Springfield Armory XD

I trying to find out what criteria i need to meet in order to purchase a XD from a private seller in CT and be able to bring the gun back to Ma. I know the transaction needs to go through an FFL but is the gun even MA compliant.

It needs to be on the EOPS List of approved handguns. THEN, SA must certify that it meets the AG's Regs. I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for that to happen.

Then you still can't buy from a private party that isn't a resident of the same state you live in! It would have to be shipped/delivered to a MA Dealer . . . and he can't legally transfer it unless it's on the EOPS List and meets AG Regs.

I don't think that SA ever intends to submit the XD for such approvals.

It needs to be on the EOPS List of approved handguns. THEN, SA must certify that it meets the AG's Regs. I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for that to happen.

Then you still can't buy from a private party that isn't a resident of the same state you live in! It would have to be shipped/delivered to a MA Dealer . . . and he can't legally transfer it unless it's on the EOPS List and meets AG Regs.

I don't think that SA ever intends to submit the XD for such approvals.

Is that true for LEO though? I thought for some reason they could buy a non approved from a dealer. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm on my first coffee for the day. Stayed up to watch game 1.

Is that true for LEO though? I thought for some reason they could buy a non approved from a dealer. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm on my first coffee for the day. Stayed up to watch game 1.

Queen Cheryl didn't like cops either! Oddly enough she put NO exemption for LEOs in the MGL (ch. 180 of Acts of 1998, aka GCA-98). So, all handguns purchased by individual LEOs MUST be on the EOPS List (or otherwise grandfathered).

The AG Regs have an exemption for LEOs, so that BS is not relevant to us, as long as it makes the EOPS List. That's the only reason Glock keeps submitting guns to EOPS . . . to get into the hands of individual LEOs as backup or off-duty guns.

Both the EOPS list and the AG's regs apply only to dealers, not purchasers such as yourself. The bottom line is that the only requirement for you to purchase it is to find a Massachusetts FFL who will do the transfer for you. Some dealers might do so even for guns clearly not on the EOPS list due to greed and/or ignorance; a lot of others might well refuse to transfer a gun even if it's fully compliant due to paranoia and/or ignorance. You'll never know the real answer until you check with some dealers.

Ken

Then again, you could always just do what the criminals do and buy what you want where ever that happens to be.

Of course, then you are a criminal too, but see how easy they have it?

Why are the non-criminals so punished?

And if you get caught, the gun charge gets dropped anyway! [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom