House Votes to Epand Concealed Carry Rights

If the bill does not contain language to hold states/AGs/LEOs personally and legally responsible for wrongful arrests what is going to happen.
I'm sure NY,NJ,MA and other strict states are going to arrest you and won't give a shit about the federal law as they already ignore many federal laws with out any worry about repercussions. Although it's a step ahead for gun rights good luck to anyone doing anything but driving through a "ban" or "license" required state caught carrying.
Again I have not read the bill so maybe there is some real language in it that will absolutely protect us.

Super Dupe at this point.

There is some accountability, give it a read.

If the bill does not contain language to hold states/AGs/LEOs personally and legally responsible for wrongful arrests what is going to happen.
I'm sure NY,NJ,MA and other strict states are going to arrest you and won't give a shit about the federal law as they already ignore many federal laws with out any worry about repercussions. Although it's a step ahead for gun rights good luck to anyone doing anything but driving through a "ban" or "license" required state caught carrying.
Again I have not read the bill so maybe there is some real language in it that will absolutely protect us.

from HR38
"(2) The term ‘handgun’ includes any magazine for use in a handgun and any ammunition loaded into the handgun or its magazine."

Note :"any magazine", not any small capacity magazine. "any" can really only be interpreted one way. IMO

But it doesn't seem to cover ammo in a box. Probably because the idea that a state would require a permit for ammo is completely foreign to the author. But nothing says you can't have 100+ standard capacity mags with you.

This is nice:

“(3) When a person successfully asserts this section as a defense in a criminal proceeding, the court shall award the prevailing defendant a reasonable attorney’s fee.

This is nice:

“(3) When a person successfully asserts this section as a defense in a criminal proceeding, the court shall award the prevailing defendant a reasonable attorney’s fee.
right sounds good but after your arrested you have to file a case/report/appeal as out lined id section 2 paragraph d, 1
so unless im reading this wrong you will be arrested then you have to fight that you where with in your legal right to be carrying in said state ?

Should be plain and simple. If you are licensed in a lincensed issue state or are not a PP for non license states they are to leave you alone unless of course you have some other criminal that actual involves your guns.... ineed to read it more but this was the first thing that jumped out at me

This is nice:

That is for the criminal charge. I would expect the civil proceeding payment for the attorney to come out of the sizable settlement for violating one’s civil rights

This would establish a gravy train for the SAF and maybe Comm2A for going after states and municipalities which try to violate the law.

I wonder what Vermonters will do? They live in a non-license state. I remember when re-enacting Civil War in NH in the '90's, I had my CLEO issue me something so when I was passing through NY and NJ....

t

I wonder what Vermonters will do? They live in a non-license state. I remember when re-enacting Civil War in NH in the '90's, I had my CLEO issue me something so when I was passing through NY and NJ....

t
I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if they could get a NH non-res. Although from what I recall it was based on state of residence.
I expect there would be lots of gray areas to navigate.

Stalwart pro-RKBA Rep Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) explains that the "fix NICS" language inserted into the bill is a sneaky codification of Obama gun control executive orders and regulatory schemes designed to deprive millions of people of their right to buy and own guns, http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ix-nics-gun-control-expansion-cannot-support/. He explains further in this plain-spoken video he posted on his Facebook page,
View: https://www.facebook.com/RepLouieGohmert/videos/10155843799556904/

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if they could get a NH non-res. Although from what I recall it was based on state of residence.
I expect there would be lots of gray areas to navigate.

The bill allows for con carry states by just requiring proof of residency (i.e. driver's license).

The bill currently, and I keep expecting it to be removed, that if you get a license from :"a state" it will be good in any state. This would include getting a non-res license and using it in you home state. Yes I know it sound to good to be true. But this reading of it has been brought up in committee meetings by both sides, and amendments to change this have been made. Those amendments failed. So they all know what this will do. Will this survive the senate? Who knows. Will it be challenged by states like MA, NY, CA? I would expect it will be.

Stalwart pro-RKBA Rep Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) explains that the "fix NICS" language inserted into the bill is a sneaky codification of Obama gun control executive orders and regulatory schemes designed to deprive millions of people of their right to buy and own guns, http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ix-nics-gun-control-expansion-cannot-support/. He explains further in this plain-spoken video he posted on his Facebook page,
View: https://www.facebook.com/RepLouieGohmert/videos/10155843799556904/

This guy is so far off it's clear he never read either bill and doesn't know the first thing about what the laws are now or how the bills will, or won't, affect them. It's just sad.

Back
Top Bottom