Hot or Not? Dickinson XXPA Semi/Pump

339c1d828b79364c9b2911d3dfb78c28.jpg

So is this thing badass or a failure waiting to happen? Looks badass, for some reason this dealer has 10+ at $385 which is $200 cheaper than anyone. Watched a few videos and seems to be somewhat temperamental with light loads and switching to pump is recommended for that. These turkish shot guns seem ok so far but this is the first Semi-auto/pump switchable ive ever seen or looked at and the thing just looks completely badass, for $400 how can you go wrong?

Am I right?

Whether a gun is worth it is up to you. However, $400 could get you a much more practical shotgun even in today's market. Depends on what you want from a shotgun.

The main problem with Turkish manufacturers except for the more established ones like Tri-Star, the guns imported by RIA and EAA, etc., is that they have no aftermarket or customer support. If something doesn't work right or you need parts or you want accessories, you're on your own.

That being said, this might be the same "Dickinson" that makes built to order side by side shotguns. Those are popular with people wanting a new SxS without paying the premium for a new European-made boxlock. If so, that'll be good.

Semi-autos that can become pumps usually have the limited application of being military and police guns that need to be able to cycle everything 100% from bean bags to slugs. As you stated, this gun won't 100% cycle light loads reliably as a semi-auto, so how are you any better off with this gun versus a Mossberg 500 or 930 considering that most actual shooting with a shotgun is with birdshot in competition shooting like multigun or practical shotgun?

It's up to you to figure out whether the gun's worth it to you, but there's more practical guns out there that are more versatile for the same money, both new and used.

Whether a gun is worth it is up to you. However, $400 could get you a much more practical shotgun even in today's market. Depends on what you want from a shotgun.

The main problem with Turkish manufacturers except for the more established ones like Tri-Star, the guns imported by RIA and EAA, etc., is that they have no aftermarket or customer support. If something doesn't work right or you need parts or you want accessories, you're on your own.

That being said, this might be the same "Dickinson" that makes built to order side by side shotguns. Those are popular with people wanting a new SxS without paying the premium for a new European-made boxlock. If so, that'll be good.

Semi-autos that can become pumps usually have the limited application of being military and police guns that need to be able to cycle everything 100% from bean bags to slugs. As you stated, this gun won't 100% cycle light loads reliably as a semi-auto, so how are you any better off with this gun versus a Mossberg 500 or 930 considering that most actual shooting with a shotgun is with birdshot in competition shooting like multigun or practical shotgun?

It's up to you to figure out whether the gun's worth it to you, but there's more practical guns out there that are more versatile for the same money, both new and used.

I shouldve added, this is strictly a cool tactical factor type thing. Ive got a Mossberg 500 next to the bed and a old hand-me-down Browning B80 semi for skeet/outdoor fun. But I understand what you are going after, this is like a range fun thing for me and yes perhaps a zombie apocalypse style pickup.

I shouldve added, this is strictly a cool tactical factor type thing. Ive got a Mossberg 500 next to the bed and a old hand-me-down Browning B80 semi for skeet/outdoor fun. But I understand what you are going after, this is like a range fun thing for me and yes perhaps a zombie apocalypse style pickup.

If I wanted a semi/pump gun, I personally would save up for a Benelli. I find that buying inexpensive guns doesn't take away the desire to get the truly great guns, and in this situation, the Benellis are the guns to get.

YMMV.

Mine was crap out of the box. I didnt even get to fire it one time. Locked in semi-auto mode. Dickenson told me the gas key was dislodged, and I had to send it in.

I got mine at a gun show about 8 months ago for $430.00. I've had it out 5 or 6 times . I've shoot everything , 00 buck, slugs of all kinds, 3 ball bolo, dragons breath, and even some thrush heavy hitters, and yes, I have shot low brass bird shot, (in pump action thats fun to), I have over 200 rounds spent at this point and have had Zero problems so far. I keep her oiled-up and use the right gas valve for the type of brass I'm shooting.The gas valve with the small hole is for high brass, buckshot, slugs, ect. The gas valve with the bigger hole,(pump) is for bird shot and the likes.I hope this helps somebody out there. Happy hunting!

I got mine at a gun show about 8 months ago for $430.00. I've had it out 5 or 6 times . I've shoot everything , 00 buck, slugs of all kinds, 3 ball bolo, dragons breath, and even some thrush heavy hitters, and yes, I have shot low brass bird shot, (in pump action thats fun to), I have over 200 rounds spent at this point and have had Zero problems so far. I keep her oiled-up and use the right gas valve for the type of brass I'm shooting.The gas valve with the small hole is for high brass, buckshot, slugs, ect. The gas valve with the bigger hole,(pump) is for bird shot and the likes.I hope this helps somebody out there. Happy hunting!
Sup, Dickinson

Dickinson imports Turkish shit and they make some fine shotguns and guns in general for the cheap. Brutal people, brutal history and they basically invented the first cannon anyway. Picked up one of these knock-off 870s I wanted something cheap in factory nickel coat and around $200. Pretty lightweight beater and hasn't failed ever. Sure the 'assault weapon' style one will be fine.

702510_ts.jpg

I’ve been searching for an explanation on the two valves included with the purchase of this gun for a while. I assumed the smaller hole would help increase pressure for the lighter loads. You’re saying use the smaller hole valve with heavy shot and the larger hole valve with lighter loads in semiautomatic mode?

Back
Top Bottom