Hora Dolor - 4th time's the charm - September 7th.

After running the last comp with a plate ......
I realized I'm not as fit as I could be. Also only having one in the front made it feel like I was falling forwards .

that's why you get front and back... honestly I couldn't see running these events without chest rigs and armor if you have the PC... there's a reason you buy them, so run them like you would if you had to.
I'm not as fit as I should be, but my hurt back nearly crippled me at the last event, I plan on getting down to 200lbs before this next event, and will be running with a full load out, funds permitting.

I mite just run this event with just a belt. I do want to get a real pc and a set of plates tho but $$$ lol .

Also found a rig to carrier psl/svd mags. I want to get that rig to.

Last edited:
Im in. Ben, youve got a great partner in P14.

Bringing a first timer hopefully, and the rustington wingmaster, if any of you saw that thread.

ben i bet TACO pouches for .308 mags would fit PSL mags.
Yeah ed sent me a link showing them stuffed in . I'm gonna save up and make a rig so I can run the golden carbine at theses events if I don't have to shoot through some thing like the v tac board of go with the full size board. I'll just have to find a source of Tula 54r . It would suck if it ripped the head off of a brass case during a comp.

MrJingles: You are too kind. I did sink your end of the boat and you had to scramble to shore before it sank ! Warwick is younger than both of us. We shall see how the paduwan does.

You were a great partner, too. I had lots of fun running HD3 with you.

Sent from the Warlock Command Center (in my basement).

Last time we didn't run with weapons, how about this time? Gotta make sure I have the right gear and may need an extra OWB pistol holster. hell i may even ask to borrow someone's glock19 :) i have the mags and ammo already and think it would be preferable if I don't pick a cheap one up before the event.

I want to do it again, but I don't want to do it again!!! I still can't run to save my life... BUT I can still run a clinic on the rifle stage!!! LOLOL (Even if I am a girl) I am not sure my partner will let me get out of shooting it...

Could I perhaps volunteer to take photos??? I have a very nice DSLR setup. And maybe take a few shots with the rifle???

At the very least, I will be a spectator and cheer all of you on! (AND no I didn't say I would be a cheerleader!!! although that COULD be an interesting sight - a combat cheerleader dressed in cammo and complete with all the necessary gear)

Just for the record, you don't need any tactical stuff. You have pants pockets, backpacks.. whatever. But a lot of guys like to use all the stuff they have bought through out the years, and it's fun to get dressed up.. so.. do you NEED it? No.

Last time we didn't run with weapons, how about this time? Gotta make sure I have the right gear and may need an extra OWB pistol holster. hell i may even ask to borrow someone's glock19 :) i have the mags and ammo already and think it would be preferable if I don't pick a cheap one up before the event.

I can't see this being permitted for liability reasons, but it's up to sweetjeep and the club.

Just for the record, you don't need any tactical stuff. You have pants pockets, backpacks.. whatever. But a lot of guys like to use all the stuff they have bought through out the years, and it's fun to get dressed up.. so.. do you NEED it? No.

I "ran" HD1 with cargo shorts and an beat up old navy backpack. Definitely not tactical but totally adequate for carrying ammo.

I ran it with a bananna. We came in 4th.... and had lols. He was shooting plus peas... get it atilla. PLUS PEAS. Oh wait. I just stole that joke from someone.

Question: Will we be required to carry all the ammo we need for the day at once? Or is it split into what you need to carry for each gun at each stage? Just curious so I know what I have to buy for a rig to carry mags/ ammo.

Question: Will we be required to carry all the ammo we need for the day at once? Or is it split into what you need to carry for each gun at each stage? Just curious so I know what I have to buy for a rig to carry mags/ ammo.

carry what you need per round, so rifle/pistol/shotgun all on you. there are usually minimums posted once the thread gets official.

carry what you need per round, so rifle/pistol/shotgun all on you. there are usually minimums posted once the thread gets official.

For the two HDs that I was in, you were required to carry all ammo for the entire round - shotgun, rifle, and pistol.

Right on. So If I plan on shooting my MAK90, G19 and Winchester 1200 for the event, I'll want to find a vest that can carry four 30-rnd AK mags, three G19 mags, and about 20 rounds of 12gauge. Sound about right? F*ck steel plates. I'm not that tough.

Right on. So If I plan on shooting my MAK90, G19 and Winchester 1200 for the event, I'll want to find a vest that can carry four 30-rnd AK mags, three G19 mags, and about 20 rounds of 12gauge. Sound about right? F*ck steel plates. I'm not that tough.

Yep. Maybe sweetjeep will make us carry the 50 bmg rounds, too! He likes us to suffer.

I could be bribed to partner with you by a trail of skittles leading to a bucket propped up by a stick.

Hope youre not a Skittles snob cuz all I have is Skittles Darkside.
You down with Team Phanny Pack Lovers (Team PP Lovers for short)? It's not a flashy gig, but I think we can convert most the HD from tactigear heads to PP Lovers after our run. Secret Weapon: I take horse testosterone and drink milk from Great White.

You can borrow my 870 super mag if you need to, i won't be participating but may come and hang out/help if needed

You the man! Can I pay you in Skittles for your services?

Only thing I'm not confident in is trap. Is it frowned upon to shoot the clay whilst still in the trap? No, but really, trap is going to be the death of me.

Thanks mattyw! !!

Only thing I'm not confident in is trap. Is it frowned upon to shoot the clay whilst still in the trap? No, but really, trap is going to be the death of me.

Thanks mattyw! !!

skittles are accepted, starburst preferred

Thanks mattyw! !!

if i can do it, you can do it. first time i ever shot a gun was actually trap. set up a booth on a cruise ship i went on and was shooting trap off the back of the 8th deck in the middle of the atlantic ocean. it was at that moment i decided that these gun things are pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom