Hoppe's Dri-Lube

Chuck

NES Member
Anyone use Hoppe's Dri-Lube? I tried it last night for the first time on the rails and trigger mechanim of my Mini-14. I was expecting it to "evaporate(s) in seconds, leaving a dry lubricating film". Well, I got a white powdery residue instead. I wiped that away. Did I wipe away the lubricating properties as well?

Would you trust this stuff, and the similar PrOlix, in place of gun oil or grease?

cheers,
Chuck

I've used Remington Dri Lube on my K31 bolts because of the rotating action and only noticed residue when I sprayed it on too heavy.

I use it on my 10/22 as it does not attract very much powder residue. It does not have as much lubrication as rem oil but stays cleaner. It wears off faster but you can reapply and it will dry in less then a minute.
I am beginning to wonder how it will work in cold weather though. The action seemed a little sticky until the gun got warmed up this weekend.

I use Remi-dri lube on my 22's moving parts only. It's great for say under 300 rounds. Any more than that or on a larger caliber, I use CLP or Rem oil. For the Russian stuff like sks's or AK's, some guys like grease, a bit much for me, I'm not firing that many and I clean-up after each session.

Back
Top Bottom