• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hong Kong protesters at universities with bows and arrows, allegedly

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Hong Kong in chaos as protesters gather at universities with bows and arrows (archive link)
On Wednesday morning, many metro and rail stations were closed after the protesters blocked commuters and vandalised trains. Classes were suspended at schools and universities. Groups of riot police were deployed around the city centre and outlying territories to try to contain fresh violence, as students at the out-of-town Chinese University of Hong Kong prepared for more clashes with police. Many were armed with petrol bombs while some carried bows and arrows, which students earlier grabbed after they broke into the university sports centre.

Have to get within 35 yards or so to be effective with archery equipment. I assume these arrows are target points, not broadheads, which reduces their effectiveness. How much practice do these young people have with archery equipment? They will be facing rifles, shotguns and submachine guns in the hands of the Hong Kong police.

You think the cops are going to go in one at a time? How many proficient archers are there, and how effective are they going to be against riot cops covered in body armor?

I'd assume most people in HK speak English? They need this served at all WiFI points:

9781616080099-us.jpg

but then again, I doubt that 99.99% of them actually want to hurt anyone on purpose.

Vinnie should just surround HK with troops and declare it one giant re-education camp. Everyone works free. West isn't going to do shit, Britain is kind of gone, he can push this as far as he wants to.

I'm suprised that a group of people who are supposed to be all freedom and civil rights loving aren't more interested in what is going on in Hong Kong.

There's already a lengthy thread here:

There's already a lengthy thread here:

True. But the outdated title of that other thread probably isn't doing much to drive traffic there...

Back
Top Bottom