• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Homeless Intruder Shot by Homeowner after Stick Fails to Do Job

Reptile

NES Member
Man tries non-lethal method before relying on gun to subdue attacker

A Washington homeowner attempted to ward off a home invader with a stick last week, but needed to resort to more drastic measures to defend his property.

The intruder, identified as a homeless man, found himself on the wrong end of a Thurston County resident’s gun Friday when he attacked the man after attempting to enter his home through the back door.

“Detectives say the homeowner did his best to fend off the burglary suspect in his kitchen, using a piece of wood,” reports Q13fox.com. “When that wasn’t enough, he fired a single shot, hitting the intruder in the chest.”

Homeless Intruder Shot by Homeowner after Stick Fails to Do Job

After being shot in the chest, the suspect is expected to survive. The homeowner must have used a 9mm. [troll]

“The suspect was transported to St. Peter’s Hospital with a single gunshot wound to the chest and is expected to survive based on the latest known condition.”

Yep. You should be able to use this as a legal defense. If I really wanted to kill him, I would have shot him with a caliber that starts with a 4. [pot]
b28a00a8-a4cf-4855-9d15-79e5ebe79313_fullsize.jpg

Using the stick as a first resort and escalating to lethal force is commendable......but not necessary in my book. I'd be on his side if he shot him first then hit him with the stick.
Whose side would a (liberal-leaning) jury be on? He used, in my opinion, a wise escalation of force. Even an over-zealous prosecutor wishing to crucify him would have a real problem doing so.

Back
Top Bottom