holsters for IDPA

gentlemen:
requesting info/suggestions for a holster, for IDPA competition, for a browning, 9mm, Hi-Power, and for a s&w, .40 cal.

thank you.

hannibal

I am in the process of getting one myself. For the M&P I found:

Blade-tech allows different mount options so you can always swap (Belt, Paddle, Tek-lok) and ability to add DOH
Models
Blade-Tech injection molded M&P special ($30) seems like it will work, but saw IRL it was thinner and a little flexible.

Blade-Tech "custom" kydex, I have not seen IRL but looks like thick kydex like Comp-tac

Comp-tac: These are molded specific to use and mount (including belt width) Makes for a strong product but reduces ability to adjust.

I used a straight drop Paddle one for M&P last week. It worked fine for IDPA, but I felt it would be nice to swap to DOH for USPSA in future. The kydex was very thick and strong.

I will be ordering the Blade-tech M&P for now with a Paddle mount and an extra DOH to swap it too.

My husband uses a blade tech for his browning hi-power and says its the best he has tried. I use a fobus for my m+p, and a blackhawk for my glock. I am gettin a fobus though.

Last edited:
Fobus is OK for the range if you want cheap, but I wouldn't carry one on the street. IMO, buy Comp-Tac or Blade-Tech and buy once.

Back
Top Bottom