• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holosun 507 ACSS reticle

Anyone run one of these? Like/dislike? Does it really help you find the dot if you have a bad presentation?

View attachment 816462View attachment 816463
I have a circle dot and I have turned off the circle, it helped in the beginning but once your accustomed to a RDS it really becomes unnecessary, I would rather have a bigger 6 MOA dot than the 2 MOA

i find of all holosuns the most price efficient is the 2moa 407c - as it is a simplest, cheapest one and solar powered.

For reference, I have a 507k with the 2 moa dot / 32 moa circle. I leave both on - still somewhat new to pistol red dots, so it feels unnatural finding the dot sometimes.

The ACSS is interesting to me because its just the dot/chevron, but has the giant ring that you only see if your alignment is way off.

I have a circle dot and I have turned off the circle, it helped in the beginning but once your accustomed to a RDS it really becomes unnecessary, I would rather have a bigger 6 MOA dot than the 2 MOA

I did the same thing at the range on Saturday. The circle was just getting in the way, though I guess it makes sense for a close defensive situation.

This ACSS reticle looks ideal. Having the huge circle makes good sense as far as I can tell.

For reference, I have a 507k with the 2 moa dot / 32 moa circle. I leave both on - still somewhat new to pistol red dots, so it feels unnatural finding the dot sometimes.

The ACSS is interesting to me because its just the dot/chevron, but has the giant ring that you only see if your alignment is way off.
Only tried ACSS once, on a friends, and it does work nicely. For a steel challenge or that type of thing would be great.

I think I'm slightly faster with this reticle than with a dot. The circle helps with difficult presentations like weak hand from behind a barricade.

Anyone run one of these? Like/dislike? Does it really help you find the dot if you have a bad presentation?

View attachment 816462View attachment 816463

I have one of the Vulcan ACSS ones (the top one there).

I don’t care for it. First, I don’t like chevrons anyway.

But aside from that opinion, the big circle meant for orientation is distracting and blooms out the whole lens with a red flare as it passes.

Fortunately the chevron is very thin, so I just put it on a 22lr pistol and turned off the outer ring.

The dashed circle version you show there might be better. No chevron is a plus, and the dashes may reduce the amount of flare that happens.

Have a 507K Green w/circle and dot. Love it. It’s on a 365X edc. My old eyes appreciate the quickness of the larger, brighter circle of death.

Have one love it was very surprised too

Not quite used to the triangle but was very accurate with it

Would recommend

Back
Top Bottom