• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holosun H510C vs Sig Romeo 5

Just looking for opinions on there. It would be going on an 8-9 inch 300 BK with a suppressor to come at some point.
Any other suggestions are welcome.

Can’t comment on the Romeo. But I went from a Strikefire 2 on all my rifles and shotguns and just got the 510c with flip out magnifier combo. It’s light years better and I had really no problems with the Strikefire. I feel like the 510c would be quicker to get behind and pickup than a Romeo as well, but never used one.

Do you think I would need a magnifier for such a short-range weapon? I would be probably maxing out at 100 yards with it.

Not at all, I actually got it for PCSL which I believe can have shots out to 150 and decently small plates. I shot a match with it a couple weeks ago and maybe out to 80 yards the magnifier was basically in the way. But I could see it being extremely useful at 150-200. The combo can be had for pretty cheap and that’s the only reason I didn’t just grab another Strikefire and ended up loving the actual 510c

Just saw your thread on the rifle build which I imagine this is for. My buddy actually just put together that ranch rifle. Even though not in CT, he just likes the look. Won’t get to the range with him till after the holidays.

Attachments

• IMG_4097.jpeg
    IMG_4097.jpeg
    828.5 KB · Views: 33
Just saw your thread on the rifle build which I imagine this is for. My buddy actually just put together that ranch rifle. Even though not in CT, he just likes the look. Won’t get to the range with him till after the holidays.
What in the name of all that holy is that thing.

Just looking for opinions on there. It would be going on an 8-9 inch 300 BK with a suppressor to come at some point.
Any other suggestions are welcome.
I have 4 of the 510cs. Like everything else, not perfect, but damned good, especially for the price. Run them on my PCCs and 22LR rifles, minus the protective shield (strictly personal choice - less scope to see around).

I like the solar power mode which I use at practice. Saves the battery for when I need a really bright reticle.

The option to use dot, circle, and circle/dot let’s you pick what works best for you.

I like the solar power mode which I use at practice. Saves the battery for when I need a really bright reticle.
How well do you think solar charging works on this? I mean, the surface area of the cells seems small, and the time for which it gets exposed to the sun is possibly small. Is it more of a marketing thing than actually functional?

How well do you think solar charging works on this? I mean, the surface area of the cells seems small, and the time for which it gets exposed to the sun is possibly small. Is it more of a marketing thing than actually functional?
If I read correctly. It uses soler during the day and battery in the dark. I might have misunderstood that and please correct me if I'm wrong.

The solar mode runs the sight without using the battery, but doesn't charge it. Just saves power by not using the battery. Battery is used when I need a bright reticle for faster sight acquisition. YMMV.

Well the choice is big window or small window.
I personally have both.
2 romeo 5 xdr(predator triangle) in green and a romeo 8t.
I prefer the square glass big window.

If you decide on the Rome 5 and wanna pick up a couple used ones, I'll sell em.
Purely because I prefer big window optics.

Back
Top Bottom