Hole In The Wall - MO M91/30

No, I didn't have a negligent discharge!

Just took a long, leisurely drive in the wilds of the countryside, and found a hole in the wall shop called XXXX, XXXXX & XXXXXXX (obviously not a Sponsor!). They had two Mosin Nagants, an M44 in the sold rack, and an M91/30 with the hex receiver.

But hey, for $150 OTD, with no shipping or other fees, it was worth taking the bait, biting the bullet, and bolting out with the booty.

MO stamped, double date 1932/46.

32-46momosin_0011.jpg

32-46momosin_0021.jpg

32-46moMosin_008.jpg

And a few odd little marks.

32-46moMosin_005.jpg

32-46moMosin_006.jpg

32-46moMosin_007.jpg

nice looking rifle there. is it covered in cosmoline or cleaned up?

This one is all cleaned up. It was a consignment item.

And with most of these variants trading north of $200 these days, it was an easy decision to buy. Heck, some of them have been outright absurd at $3 to 400-plus.

Mosin Nagant 91/30 DOUBLE DATE MO HEX 1928/46 : Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com

Mosin Nagant 91/30 Tula 33/49 Double Date MO : Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com

RUSSIAN 91/30 MOSIN NAGANT-TULA 1942/44-MO MARKED : Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com

So you won't say the shops name cause they're not sponsors on here? Well I don't think walmart or dicks is a sponsor but they are blasted all over here for good and bad reasons. I would respect you more if you just told the truth and didn't want to ruin you secret santa shop!!

Charles

So you won't say the shops name cause they're not sponsors on here? Well I don't think walmart or dicks is a sponsor but they are blasted all over here for good and bad reasons. I would respect you more if you just told the truth and didn't want to ruin you secret santa shop!!

Charles

Please understand that I have posted gun shop names here before, and they have been edited/removed. No hiding on purpose.

But if you really want a puzzling challenge, I have included the root words of the shop name in the fourth sentence of my original post. A little creativity. Try to decipher!

You will be scored on accuracy, time and presentation. [smile]

Please understand that I have posted gun shop names here before, and they have been edited/removed. No hiding on purpose.

But if you really want a puzzling challenge, I have included the root words of the shop name in the fourth sentence of my original post. A little creativity. Try to decipher!

You will be scored on accuracy, time and presentation. [smile]

LOL Martin.... I did not need the hints to know XXXX, XXXXX & XXXXXXX. I have not been up in that area since I fished the Kennebec River 8 years ago.

Isn't this your second double dated hex MO? Nice pick up.

Charles

Charles, I really hope you were joking here and I missed it

Damn. I don't have a MO yet..... Oh well. I need another safe before I could even think about adding another rifle

Third double-date. And one triple date, thanks to your head's up!

Wait.... wut? I passed on a triple dated Mosin? I must have been going through one of those "I will not spend any more money on guns" phases I go through once a year. Oh well. Glad you got it. :)

Back
Top Bottom