• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK's on the Mass-Approved roster?

Hi All,

I was just checking the Mass Approved Firearms Roster as of August last year.

I see that there are a few HK models that are approved. I was especially surprised to see a couple of USP models on there. I have posted them below

Has anyone purchased a new USP or P2000 in the State of MA recently?

Heckler & Koch P2000 .357 Sig
Heckler & Koch P2000SK .357 Sig
Heckler & Koch USP .40 S&W
Heckler & Koch USP Comp LEM .40 S&W

Civilians in Ma can only buy guns that are on the list and also approved by the AG. This only applies to dealer sales

Civilians in Ma can only buy guns that are on the list and also approved by the AG. This only applies to dealer sales

So are you saying the HK's may be on the list but not approved by the AG for civilian sales? I just hadn't seen/heard of any new HK sales from dealers.

So are you saying the HK's may be on the list but not approved by the AG for civilian sales? I just hadn't seen/heard of any new HK sales from dealers.

Yup, none of them are on the AG list, although there are rumors that a few models are going to show up soon, but I would not hold your breath :(

There is also no AG list. The AG doesn't make a list of guns that meet her requirements. She only creates the requirements and then sues dealers who sell guns that are found to have violated these requirements. That means that which guns satisfy the AG regulations, and which don't, is somewhat a matter of interpretation that would need to be hammered out in court.

The AG requirements are basically consumer product safety regulations. There is no list of approved toys that can be sold in the US, but companies can be liable if they are found to have sold toys violating these regulations.

H&K got some guns EOPS Approved strictly so that they could sell to LEOs (exempt from AG BS), for no other reason. Back in 2006, H&K was at the IACP Expo in Boston and told me that they intended to do this.

Sorry but there is no hope that H&K will ever declare their guns "AG Compliant" in MA . . . not unless/until we get a reasonable person (pro-gun AG) in that office and that's as likely as watching pigs fly.

So what makes the usp models on the state list fail the ag regs? I guess no dealer wants to chance it.

So what makes the usp models on the state list fail the ag regs? I guess no dealer wants to chance it.

Nothing makes them "fail", although on the LEM models the trigger is likely too light to pass muster for what they consider a DA handgun. Typical dealers will not sell without some kind of statement from HK saying that they believe the guns meet the MA AG's regs.

This is all covered in the compliance faq....

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/37553-MA-Handgun-Compliance-Q-A-Thread-(new)

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom