HK reintroduces the SL8

I had a chance to get one of those 45 carbeen things years ago from Costa's in Raynham/Taunton. I passed. I would have made $ had I bought it. It sat in his case for several years. LOL

Every time I see an SL8 I think of that little minx with the SCAR-H at the end of Extraction, putting one right in the Col’s head.

I had a chance to get one of those 45 carbeen things years ago from Costa's in Raynham/Taunton. I passed. I would have made $ had I bought it. It sat in his case for several years. LOL

The USCs were re-released. You can still find them around for ~$1600.

I'm going to grab an(other) SL8 if I can get one close to MSRP. I have a G36 bolt head and a double stack magwell sitting around so I can convert it to take AR mags pretty painlessly. Parts are the issue though if you want to convert to G36 or if you want to turn it into an XM8. Plan on spending several grand though, and do your homework because lots of guys who went the conversion route wouldn't do it again due to the high cost.

CDNN had them under $1500 earlier today but they got snatched up.

Why are they wasting peoples time with this crap? [rofl] At least with their piston 556 and 308 AR type guns they made real guns. This is just a redux of an abortion.

HK: "Because you suck, and we hate you. "

They could make G36 domestically and sell them for $2500 all day long, but no, that would make too much sense. [rofl]

Why are they wasting peoples time with this crap? [rofl] At least with their piston 556 and 308 AR type guns they made real guns. This is just a redux of an abortion.

HK: "Because you suck, and we hate you. "

They could make G36 domestically and sell them for $2500 all day long, but no, that would make too much sense. [rofl]
I would only do it for an XM-8, seeing as I have a Tommybuilt G36c I probably won’t do it unless I run into some extra money. If you like the aesthetic it’s pretty hot.

0B23A465-BB82-41A6-9273-41C90D94535A.jpeg

I wonder how much of a role Tom Bostic played in getting them to bring this back.

Parts are a potential issue though. Apparently the g36 bolt heads are so hard to get that people are welding the shaved lug back onto the sl8 heads so that they can feed double stacks.

I would only do it for an XM-8, seeing as I have a Tommybuilt G36c I probably won’t do it unless I run into some extra money. If you like the aesthetic it’s pretty hot.

View attachment 508970
It is cool but I’d rather not spend 1200-1600 bucks on a gun to only throw away 80% of it to make another gun that’s just a little too retarded.

It is cool but I’d rather not spend 1200-1600 bucks on a gun to only throw away 80% of it to make another gun that’s just a little too retarded.
Tom Bostic charges $1,500 plus whatever an SL8 costs. It’s a steep price for a range toy that doesn’t suppress particularly well.

I love mine although it doesn’t suppress particularly well either. It needs a low flow restriction silencer. I went full crazy and added the HK 3-way optic.

View attachment 508976

OSS cans are an option but I'm not sure how it'd work being mounted on a T36. Or if there's an option for an adjustable gas system, like how AKs can have adjustable gas pistons or blocks.

However, a suppressor-friendly AR-180 derivative is usually an AUG.

View attachment 508970

Isn't that the guy that kept blowing up on the soldier in the Remo Williams movie???? (It was a gamed up AUG in the movie. But still. This has mid-80's fake movie gun written all over it.)

Word on the street is that the T36s are more accurate than the converted SL8s. No idea how that happens but on the HK boards a few guys have confirmed.

OSS cans are an option but I'm not sure how it'd work being mounted on a T36. Or if there's an option for an adjustable gas system, like how AKs can have adjustable gas pistons or blocks.

OSS, Surefire work very well. I run a Helios with a vented endcap. No adjustable gas system on the T36.

I love mine although it doesn’t suppress particularly well either. It needs a low flow restriction silencer. I went full crazy and added the HK 3-way optic.

View attachment 508976

Now, if someone is an 07, does he sell the magic nuggets to make it FA? or is that pretty much impossible going that route?

It’s a semi rifle made by HK (swoon) that can supposedly shoot 1/2” for well under 2k. It’s actually cheaper on an inflation adjusted basis than it was when they discontinued it 9 years ago. I’ve spent more on stupider. [smile]
Get one. When you have it, you show me how that thing shoots half minute. Please.

Yeah, I know. Just like everybody on the internet makes hits at 1000 yards. it’s an amazing place, innit?

Some morons will say anything if they think it makes them sound cool to a bunch of strangers online. You'll never catch me bragging about making hits at 1000y. I can't even get into a good solid prone position without my 10" dick getting in the way.

not even in my best years could i even see out to a 1,000 yds. i tried it once in colorado but my shooting buddies likened it to...in baseball, an off speed in the dirt...and suggested i cease and save my ammo.

Now, if someone is an 07, does he sell the magic nuggets to make it FA? or is that pretty much impossible going that route?
I have a Fleming tranny sear, my first thought was to use it in the G36. Turns out is does not fit, I later found out even if it did it would be illegal to do according to the ATF.

6oonak6hh1f71.jpg

Back
Top Bottom