High Standard Extractor Woes

teaching the wife how to safely use my High Standard target pistol at Ames R&P today. After twenty shots -the extractor broke. This happened about 15 years ago and I can't remember how I fixed it.(Doesn't matter if it had happened 15 minutes ago, I still wouldn't remember!)[smile] BTW it's a High Standard Model 107 Olympic .22 short. Anyone have any idea?

Last edited:
Parts are available from Numrich. There is a High Standard Forum that deals with these pistols in depth and should have the info you need. I wish I could give you the address, but I lost it. Try a search.

Numrich was a no go ,Gammon. Must be the only model they don't have parts for(that's my luck). Believe it or not ,I Googled High Standard Extractor and found a guy in Conn that has them. Only $11 with free shipping. The really good news is that I was able to get the broken piece of extractor out of the slide. It was a battle but I won! Thanks for the Info and I will keep Numrich in my favorites folder.

Go to rimfirecentral.com
There is a forum for high standards and I would bet that you will be able to get info regarding fixes/part availability

Back
Top Bottom