Hickok45 is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bite. What has the NRA done for american gun owners? And if indeed they have only taken our money and used it to support anti 2a bullshit legislation, then how could one be a nitwit for pushing back against such an organization? Wouldn't the nitwit be the one who haplessly throws money at that same organization despite knowing what they are actually about?
I guess you can go to this link and find out for yourself:
Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund - Current Litigation

I agree with the general sentiment that the NRA sucks and has proven itself time and time again to be in it only for the money while constantly compromising away our 2A rights without us getting anything in return. However, if your gonna take a hardline stance like that you cannot be for adding gun things to registries. You must be against the existence of registries if you wanna be a 2A absolutist.

As for hickok, sure, hes a shill for the NRA and a bit of an old fuddy duddy, but I'll continue consuming his content when it aligns with my interests. I just skip over the obligatory NRA ad he performs in every vid. No harm, no foul. Its not like I'm giving him money.
I am an absolutist, but I'm also a realist and know that the NFA is here forever and will likely become more encompassing over time if the cards aren't played right. Useless bump stocks for useful, registered machine guns or suppressors should be the focus every time an NRA member writes a letter to the organization or Republican Congressman.

I'm still going to watch Hickok when he has something that interests me, I'm not boycotting him, but I'm not exactly thrilled with his stuff anymore. I'm pointing out the old man is not clean as the driven snow in the pro gun community. He's going to blow whichever way the wind is going coming out of Wayne's ass.

Oh and BTW, Hickok has gone on record that any donation made to a rival, national gun rights organization is a waste of money. So in Greg's mind, ONLY the NRA is supposed to exist to influence and lobby and give away gun rights. No, can't have any competition because that'll expose the NRA for the frauds they are.

I'll bite. What has the NRA done for american gun owners? And if indeed they have only taken our money and used it to support anti 2a bullshit legislation, then how could one be a nitwit for pushing back against such an organization? Wouldn't the nitwit be the one who haplessly throws money at that same organization despite knowing what they are actually about?
How about making sure we continue to be the freest country in the world when it comes to gun rights? You think that happened by accident?

The only countries where the people really still have gun rights are Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Yemen, and Pakistan. Two of those are poor tribal nations, and the other two are about to get f***ed over by the EU

bring back neg reps

Absolutely! Even if neg rep points have no purpose, they're fun
I am an absolutist, but I'm also a realist and know that the NFA is here forever and will likely become more encompassing over time if the cards aren't played right. Useless bump stocks for useful, registered machine guns or suppressors should be the focus every time an NRA member writes a letter to the organization or Republican Congressman.

I'm still going to watch Hickok when he has something that interests me, I'm not boycotting him, but I'm not exactly thrilled with his stuff anymore. I'm pointing out the old man is not clean as the driven snow in the pro gun community. He's going to blow whichever way the wind is going coming out of Wayne's ass.

Oh and BTW, Hickok has gone on record that any donation made to a rival, national gun rights organization is a waste of money. So in Greg's mind, ONLY the NRA is supposed to exist to influence and lobby and give away gun rights. No, can't have any competition because that'll expose the NRA for the frauds they are.

Your posts provide evidence that you are neither.

I will agree that Hk45 should shut his mouth regarding not supporting other 2A organizations, if he made such statements. Is he as helpful to the overall 2A cause as he could be? No, probably not. But who are you to judge how helpful he should be?

Most of us realize he's a bit of a Fudd, but still find his videos informative and a little entertaining. Even you state that you'll still watch him if he posts something that interests you. So why the sensational thread title stating Hickok45 is Dead? JFC...

Last edited:

How are you going to watch him?!? Hes dead .

Absolutely! Even if neg rep points have no purpose, their fun

Your posts provide evidence that you are neither.

I will agree that Hk45 should shut his mouth regarding not supporting other 2A organizations, if he made such statements. Is he as helpful to the overall 2A cause as he could be? No, probably not. But who are you to judge how helpful he should be?

Most of us realize he's a bit of a Fudd, but still find his videos informative and a little entertaining. Even you state that you'll still watch him if he posts something that interests you. So why the sensational thread title stating Hickok45 is Dead? JFC...
Hickok is in a position where he's the largest gun channel on the 2nd most popular/used/viewed website in the world. If he really believes in the 2nd Amendment, he should not be dissing other gun organizations to promote the NRA just for money. The silence of his voice on personal firearms rights is deafening.

I can't judge what he should be doing, but I can judge what he is doing: shilling for the NRA and whoever else puts a dime in his pocket whilst pretending to be pro-gun. BTW, I haven't heard Hickok come out against banning gun sales to people under 21. Been real mum about that when you consider if people under 21 aren't allowed to buy guns, then they're not likely to join the NRA to "save their gun rights."

Hickok is in a position where he's the largest gun channel on the 2nd most popular/used/viewed website in the world. If he really believes in the 2nd Amendment, he should not be dissing other gun organizations to promote the NRA just for money. The silence of his voice on personal firearms rights is deafening.

I can't judge what he should be doing, but I can judge what he is doing: shilling for the NRA and whoever else puts a dime in his pocket whilst pretending to be pro-gun. BTW, I haven't heard Hickok come out against banning gun sales to people under 21. Been real mum about that when you consider if people under 21 aren't allowed to buy guns, then they're not likely to join the NRA to "save their gun rights."
You....."I can't judge what he should be doing"

Also You......"Been real mum about when you consider if people are under 21 arnt allowed to buy guns".

You contradicted yourself in the same paragraph. Dude.....just f***ing stop.......your such a troll you can't even be coherent long enough to adhere to your own standards in the same paragraph. Jeeeezus Christ!

If we cant have a neg rep or dislike, we need some politically correct neg.

Call it some like "participation trophy"

:emoji_medal: this is the closest i could find, OP gets a gold metal at the special Olympics.

trophy-300x271-300x271.jpg

While he is not my favorite channel, I want to point out:
  • He's mentioned attending and occasionally speaking at 2A rallies, chiefly in TN where he lives
  • He has stated he can be a bit sheepish about rallies because invariably people show up with Confederate flags, etc., and detract from the cause. He tries to keep his channel mostly apolitical, and I can't blame him for worrying about his livelihood if he gets photographed with dumb racist/sexist signs at a rally.
  • This same stuff happened at the anti-Healey rallies here (signs focusing on her sexual orientation, etc. instead of her actions).
  • He has consistently told people to join whatever 2A organizations they can afford, esp. local ones, and to be in communication with their legislators on bills
  • To me, calling bumpstocks "not the hill to die on" is quite different from "I think they should be banned"

Last edited:
Put me down in favor of joining as many pro 2A organizations as you can afford. It would be much appreciated if the 120 million gun owners who don't support any 2A rights organization would help out the 20 million or so who do. I'm NRA to the core but would be happy if the majority of guns owners just helped out in any way they could.

I personally like Hickok 45's videos. He seems like a good guy and a helluva shot. I almost sh*t a brick when I read the thread title. Glad he's not dead.

I also would have liked to have seen the bump stock hoopla have resulted in a compromise rather than the massive cave by the NRA and republicans that resulted.

The problem is there is never a compromise. We just keep giving our rights away a little at a time. I would gladly have thrown my bumpstock on the bonfire had there been a concerted effort to pass the hearing protection act and put an end to the idiotic suppressor nfa rule as a compromise

The left needs to start learning that there's a give and take, not just take, take, take. The bump stock ban seemed to be a huge wasted opportunity. Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
I,m going to go watch some Hickok45 videos, they,re more fun than the original posters angry, craziness

If there's anything I have to understand, it's that you must feel you need more attention based upon your BS title and post. That and you are off your meds.

Missed opportunity for you to make your point...

Pro-Tip. I read the 2nd post when I suspect BS and skip everything else.

Put me down in favor of joining as many pro 2A organizations as you can afford. It would be much appreciated if the 120 million gun owners who don't support any 2A rights organization would help out the 20 million or so who do. I'm NRA to the core but would be happy if the majority of guns owners just helped out in any way they could.
The NRA is still touting they have 5Million members , wtf are they old fudds dropping dead faster than new member sign up?
I finally did the life membership for the NRA, comm2a donations and I use Amazon link for my local club.
I know nothing to do with OP.
you know hikkock45 sold out completely when he starts wearing those shirts that the bicyclist wear with all the advertisement and or pretty girls in tight shirts start walking product into the screen shot.

Jeesh, and I was just looking to join that gunsmithing school he talks so highly of..[rofl]

Either way despite the I'll timed post can we not eat our own. Even the most demented of us are our own. We have so limited a base as it in.

There are a couple around here we can savage at will. CosmicAlchemyFire-CZ is one...

But yeah, T-Unit was just expressing himself. Others have said much worse things and gotten away with it or even been praised.

Reactions: Lip
OP needs to edit thread title, if not a mod should.

NRA, Hickok45 etc, why must they do 100% of what you want. If they are 90% good and 10% what you don't like are they now no good. If so i feel sorry for your wife or girlfriend.

There's a segment of the pro-2A community that lives and la-la-land and thinks anyone who says anything other than "shall not be infringed" is worse than Healey, both for the cause and on a moral level. These people don't have the slightest understanding of the nature of politics, compromise, and that the world isn't all black and white. The concept that that is not a "winning strategy" goes right over their heads. It's like the dudes who sat down at all the statehouse hearings and read 3 page manifestos. Whether or not I share their sentiment is irrelevant. They put their own egos and attention whoring ahead of strategy. They also probably live with their parents.

If you honestly think someone who has millions of viewers, and has probably opened many thousands of people up to the world of shooting and gun ownership, and who promotes gun rights organizations is the problem, then you are also honestly an idiot.

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom