• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hellcat controversy Hickok45?

O'brother... What the hell?? Well, The end of that looks like they (jumped the gun) perhaps?
Springfield Armory quickly reacted once the actions of the IFMA were revealed to the company, with the company releasing the following statement from Reese: "I can tell you now, we at Springfield Armory are unequivocally 100 percent against this bill and will continue to work with the NRA and others to ensure that it is defeated. Springfield Armory ... was not aware of the actions taken by trade association, IFMA, until after the fact.

One wonders if a law exempting two manufacturer's products from an in state transfer ban law would even survive court challenges. Smacks of antitrust and or general discrimination of other companies. IDK???

I'm sure someone here knows what he's talking about but I don't. Something I should know before looking further into a Hellcat? :342 minute mark what is he talking about??

View: https://youtu.be/DjfIWLGiiIw?si=Mg40Rc_sHCIol073

As TFB recently reported, on May 11th, 2021, SIG SAUER filed a lawsuit against Springfield Armory. This lawsuit alleges that Springfield infringed upon SIG’s intellectual property in the form of patents on their pistol magazines, specific to the P365 and Hellcat model mags. Clearly, there is a great deal of overlap in terms of the sector of the market that each company is targeting with these handguns. Springfield has now fired back with their own statement, asserting that they believe this is the real cause for SIG’s lawsuit, and that their Hellcat magazines do not actually breach any of the rules surrounding US patent law. Springfield’s press release to this effect reads as follows....

One wonders if a law exempting two manufacturer's products from an in state transfer ban law would even survive court challenges. Smacks of antitrust and or general discrimination of other companies. IDK???

Pretty sure California AB1228 exempted bakeries SPECIFICALLY to pander to Panera. . . . which questionably "bakes" in their restaurants. One wonders if Wendy added a mini bread oven if they could be considered a bakery.

I recall there was another exemption for a specific corporation. It might have been Starbonks. I forget. (AB1228 is the fast-food-minimum-wage law. It's crazy. McD's all over the poorer sections of CA will close - disenfranchising (giggle) the poorest people - the ones this bill ALLEGED to help.)

Back
Top Bottom