"Hi-Cap" question

I've just got a quick stupid question that I'm about 99% sure I know the answer to. I have a Sig P220 .45 which came standard with 8 round mags. I recently bought a couple of 10 round extended mags, like the ones that come on the P220 Combat, but a firearms 'expert' I know told me that they were illegal since they were extended. If it's not over 10 rounds, it's kosher, right?

Yes, they are completely illegal, immoral, and have been shown to cause cancer in the state of California. Please send them to me for destruction at your earliest convenience. Probably want to send me the gun too, if you've used them with it, since it will now be contaminated.

Ok, ok... what EC said. [wink]

Yes, they are completely illegal, immoral, and have been shown to cause cancer in the state of California.
. [wink]

you forgot the bit about pregnant or nursing. As well as: issues hearing or vision or if it lasts for more than 4 hours to call an MD right away..

Its impossible to know all the laws and regs concerning firearms and accessories in this state. Its best to do your own research before going to purchase something in question. That way you are well informed about your purchase and don't have to listen to anyone else trying to spew garbage and nonsense at you.

Its impossible to know all the laws and regs concerning firearms and accessories in this state. Its best to do your own research before going to purchase something in question. That way you are well informed about your purchase and don't have to listen to anyone else trying to spew garbage and nonsense at you.
I always feel like if I'm buying anything gun related, I'm going to get surrounded by 30 State Troopers. Is it the law that we have to be this paranoid, or is it just me?[hmmm]

I always feel like if I'm buying anything gun related, I'm going to get surrounded by 30 State Troopers. Is it the law that we have to be this paranoid, or is it just me?[hmmm]

If your new to this thriving subculture, you might feel "naughty" now, but give it a little time and you'll be wondering why gun shops don't offer a drive thru window option. It just becomes second nature and thus not anything out of the ordinary. You'll also find that a lot of LEO's enjoy the recreational aspect of shooting, and are often looking for some of the same things you are that may not necessarily be 100% MA friendly. They are people too, not all are out to get you for having a few extra rounds in your magazines, just don't be dumb and broadcast the fact around people you don't know.

We don't need to be paranoid; but vigilance and a little research will go a long way. Best of Luck.

You'll also find that a lot of LEO's enjoy the recreational aspect of shooting, and are often looking for some of the same things you are that may not necessarily be 100% MA friendly. They are people too, not all are out to get you for having a few extra rounds in your magazines, just don't be dumb and broadcast the fact around people you don't know.

+1

I was talkin to one of my LEO friends tonight who wishes he could bring me to some of his firearm training excercises knowing I would love it. Lots of LEO's definately support 2A rights, just don't assume they all do [smile]

Back
Top Bottom