Hey! What the hell happened to all the .380 ACP???

Weeks of backlog online, everywhere! Not a round to be found at Dicks or anywhere else. Even Cabela's online has -zip- on hand. What the heck is going on! I ended up buying a box of hollowpoints, just to have some additional round on hand but I'd prefer fmj or even lead. EVERYTHING is picked over. Why that caliber? Has it become the most popular carry round all of a sudden??

Rome

I'm just South of Springfield, MA in Enfield

Obviously you have a stash! I'm actually heading to a shop just South of here to check them out. If they're out, I'll get back to you!

Rome

any popular round is going going gone, and has been bought up since September when the McCain/Palin ship started sinking.

When I was at WallyWorld in Derry yesterday, the only popular round I saw was .25ACP.

There were a few boxes of FMJ 9mm and .40S&W, but as for JHP's there was none to be found in ANY caliber I shoot, .38 special, 9mm or 40.

I did find a nice little gun shop down the street that had ammo, I picked up 50 rounds of Silvertips for the rainy day fund. I need to go back and get some 9mm after doing an inventory last night.

Was in BassPro last night. Lots of .380 and other stuff. No .44sp though.
44spl always seems hard to find. It would be a good candidate to order online, except that I don't live in a free state.

Four seasons occasionally has some 44spl, but when they do, and I happen to be there, I usually buy both boxes. ;)

I reload them too, which cuts down on my consumption, but it still would be nice to find a good supply.

44spl always seems hard to find. It would be a good candidate to order online, except that I don't live in a free state.

Four seasons occasionally has some 44spl, but when they do, and I happen to be there, I usually buy both boxes. ;)

I reload them too, which cuts down on my consumption, but it still would be nice to find a good supply.

There is nothing illegal about ordering ammunition online....

I fully understand that there is nothing illegal about it, but for those of us who live in Massachusetts, you cannot go to any random web site that sells ammunition and get them to ship it to Massachusetts.

So while it's not illegal, for all intents & purposes it's not a viable option for the MASSes.

If by some freak chance you know of a place that is willing to invoke the ire of the AG's office, please don't post it here, although a PM, private email, or a conversation when you saw me in person would make day. ;)

Well, for those of you in MA, Four Seasons got a huge shipment of WWB and is overflowing in almost all flavors.

Just visited Walmart in Framingham. They had white box .380 for $32 for 100 rounds.

Best,

Rich

I bet some guy in MA just bought a registered Mac-11 in .380. [laugh]

-Mike

Maybe just a tad....It's either that or we discuss M-16 Bolt Carrier Groups...I'm feeling a bit salty this morning...[wink]

A third option would be to post motivational posters...[thinking]
[smile]

128784180763584911.jpg

I gobbled up a good chunk of this Wolf Gold 380acp that ZHA had a little while ago. $14 a box of 50 rounds. You can't buy it for less than 18-19 now I think and he sold the rest last time I was there. Now I think he is down to the crappy steel cased stuff which I wouldn't ever buy.

I gobbled up a good chunk of this Wolf Gold 380acp that ZHA had a little while ago. $14 a box of 50 rounds. You can't buy it for less than 18-19 now I think and he sold the rest last time I was there. Now I think he is down to the crappy steel cased stuff which I wouldn't ever buy.

Yeah - that's about going rate here tonight. I'm not sure if there's any sales coming up this weekend, but I have one 500rd case of 380 for $16.99 a box by the 10 box case....

All the small shops around me have plenty of everything.

On Wednesday, Walmart in Ware & Sturbridge had plenty of .380 but were out of .22lr, 9mm, .40, .45 and .223.

On a side note, the guy working sporting goods in Walmart explained their new 'tagging' system. They have red and green hexagonal stickers. He said if the spot is empty and there is not a sticker, it has or will be reordered soon. If it's got a green sticker, it's been reordered, but back ordered at the warehouse. A red sticker, means no longer available. He didn't know why there was a red sticker because if they can't get it, they remove it's place on the shelf. It's supposed to aleviate the 'When do you expect XXX to come in?'.

I was at AAA Police Supply in Dedham today. They had plenty of .380 ACP American Eagle for $15.95 for a box of 50. They had plenty of other calibers as well.

Back
Top Bottom