Here we go again, Framingham Man Arrested for firearms.

Well... there goes one Browning (I assume a HiPower), headed for the smelter (or 'misplaced'/'lost' from the evidence room).

Don't know where you guys live but I've gotten some GREAT deals from my FFL which ends up as the final resting place for a few police department's seized firearms.

needing a license for guns in MA is hardly a new thing, and as I mentioned in my post needing a license to simply possess a gun in your residence is far from a new law, its 12 years old at this point.

Correction needed here. It was the law for MANY years before 1998 that you needed a permit (FID back then) to possess any gun in your residence. It was true back in the mid-1970s when I got my first FID and LTC. I suspect that it was true at least since Bartley-Fox became law (early 1970s IIRC) and perhaps even before that (of which I'd have no particular knowledge).

WTF with the black powder pistol replica?

I was wondering the same thing. If ignition system passes muster they don't require any license to possess, only to "carry" . . . but I guess if you want to throw the kitchen sink at the guy, why not add everything you can so you can get a nice plea bargain deal and put him away for the rest of his natural life. [thinking] [rolleyes]

May we come in ?
No you may not. But I love you guys. I know you put your life on the line for people like me all the time. I really appreciate it. I have to go now , Goodnight.

May we come in ?
No you may not. But I love you guys. I know you put your life on the line for people like me all the time. I really appreciate it. I have to go now , Goodnight.

No kidding. Who the heck invites the police into their house? If I were to make a list of the things a free man should not do, letting the government into your home would be right up near the top.

Did you read what you quoted from me??? I didn't mention anything about safe storage...he has no license for the guns, needing a license for guns in MA is hardly a new thing, and as I mentioned in my post needing a license to simply possess a gun in your residence is far from a new law, its 12 years old at this point. I don't agree with it, but its the law. But further since you bring up safe storage, the article implys the fella knew about safe storage regs, hense his "I was just cleaning them" defense, so if the guy knew about "safe storage" he should have known he needed to have a license...

It has nothing to do with drinking the ma**h*** cool aid, it has to do with "knowing" a 12 year old law or at least understanding that ignorance of the law is not a satisfactory defense...

EDIT.....Nevermind, LenS answered my question

Back
Top Bottom