Here is what the Sig P6 did tonight

1227091621.jpg

Definitely a dead bad guy - nice shooting!

I like my P6 a lot, too. Carries easy, shoots straight, controls are logical and well placed, and very comfortable in the hand.

Thanks guys for the comments. A few years Marine infantry helped me learn a few things. Only issue I ran into was on the 3rd round the slide would lock back with rounds still in the Mag. But from looking online tends to be a thumb issue not a gun issue, thumb rides up and hits the slide lock.

Thanks guys for the comments. A few years Marine infantry helped me learn a few things. Only issue I ran into was on the 3rd round the slide would lock back with rounds still in the Mag. But from looking online tends to be a thumb issue not a gun issue, thumb rides up and hits the slide lock.

Thank you very much for serving.

Had the same issue with mine - only after shooting for a while, though. I figured it was the gun getting gummed up, turns out my hands were sliding up just enough that the inside of my thumb was riding the slide release lever. Simply being aware of it has fixed the problem; hasn't happened since, even during "rapid fire." [grin]

Also, if you're going after spare mags, don't carry with the ProMags! They have issues that you don't want to trust your ass with. Factory mags are pricey but worth it if you're going to carry them. My ProMag magazines both fail to lock the slide back, fail to feed the last round (sometimes two) in the magazine, and occasionally have a sticky follower.

Yeah I tracked down a factory P6 mag was $42 shipped not a bad price seen them higher and with more cost with the shipping. So its on its way should be here this week now just need a nice carry holster.

The P6 is the German counterpart to the P225... the single stack predecessor to the double stack P228... and the P229 is the new P228 [smile]

My P225 is also silly accurate... love that thing.

Okay, I thought the P225 was the previous genneration to the P226? So if I understand correctly, the P6 is the German version of the P225, which became the P228, and is now the P229?

Okay, I thought the P225 was the previous genneration to the P226? So if I understand correctly, the P6 is the German version of the P225, which became the P228, and is now the P229?

The P6 is just the german police model name, its the same gun as the 225 but for a few small things the German police wanted on there guns. And it was made in the Sig factory in german not the US.

Yeah this thing is a really nice shooting pistol but then again anything Sig and german made I wouldn't think it would be anything less but a great shooting gun. I was making head shots at 25yds with it.

Correct [grin] P225/P6 --> P228 --> P229

The P228 brought the high capacity. The P229 brought the beefed up frame to handle .40 and .357.

But isn't the P226 a full-frame vs. the P220 is a mid-frame?

I'm just saying that the P6 is the older P228/229 in response to your question below.

This may seem like a stupid question.....but what is a Sig P6? Is that short for the P226?

The P6/225, 228/9 are all Sig's "Compact" frame gun.

The P226 is Sig's full size 9mm/.40/.357.

The P220 is Sig's full size .45.

[grin]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom